In the market for an HD projector.

Can anyone recomend a solid HD projector for gaming? Dosent have to be top of the line, looking for a good price/performace balance. Any help/links would be nice!

we have an infocus (http://www.infocus.com) HD projector. It's downstairs hooked up to the home theater, and let me tell you the thing is amazing. We have a 10 foot long screen, and the picture from HD TV is amazing. Most DVDs look incredible as well. I don't do a whole lot of gaming anymore, but xbox 4 player halo2 is unbelievable, and sam fischer in splinter cell is pretty much life-size. I'd love to see what the 360 looks like on it, we had a 640x480 Danon projector before the infocus, which was pretty nice, but the infocus is hands down perfect for our setup. Best advice I have for you is to spend the $$$ on a good screen as well, it can make all the difference. If u want I can take a picture of the projector and setup tommorow.

For under $2k either the Sanyo PLV-Z4 or Panasonic PT-AE900U is the best bang for the buck. Great 1280x720 image for movies and gaming. They both just came out this past October and are well into making a name for themselves.

If you want an HD projector then you are looking for one with 720p native resolution, which means you want LCD unless you are willing to spend >$5,000.00 for DLP.

Sanyo PLV-Z4 or Panasonic AE900U for under $2,000. From what I've read, both rival or even exceed the IQ of DLP projectors costing 3x more.

Sanyo PLV-Z3 or Panasonic AE700U for under 1,500. Best Bang for the buck IMO

Sanyo PLV-Z2 or Infocus SP5000 for about $1,000 - $1,300. Lowest cost.

Back