In the market for a replacement PSU, any recommendations?

00Dan

Weaksauce
I posted a couple months ago in the general tech forum about a power cycle issue and the consensus was that the most likely culprit is my almost 6 year old HX850. That said, I'm looking for a replacement PSU that can power an OCed 2500K and 295x2.

Modular is an absolute must, other than that I have no real preferences.

budget? As the previous person said, the EVGA 750 or 850 G2 are solid choices for a PSU.

If you were happy with the Corsair model, they have a really good one out now called the RM850i. The RM850x is a little cheaper, but is also supposed to be pretty good. The original RM850 isn't great, though.

CORSAIR RM850i 850W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply Nvidia Sli ready and crossfire support with C-link - Newegg.com

You wouldn't be going wrong with the 850 G2 either, though. They're all around the same ballpark in terms of price and quality. Just read a PSU review from a site like this one before buying anything just because it looks like a good deal.

Last edited:
If you were happy with the Corsair model, they have a really good one out now called the RM850i. The RM850x is a little cheaper, but is also supposed to be pretty good. The original RM850 isn't great, though.

CORSAIR RM850i 850W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Power Supply Nvidia Sli ready and crossfire support with C-link - Newegg.com

You wouldn't be going wrong with the 850 G2 either, though. They're all around the same ballpark in terms of price and quality. Just read a PSU review from a site like this one before buying anything just because it looks like a good deal.

This.

I just swapped out to a 750W RM750i, love this PSU unit. Only thing not 100% in love with is that in my case the GPU cables are rather short....but I have a MountainMods bizarro case.

Just got a RM750i that replaced a 7ish year old TX850. It's been a good upgrade. I especially like how quiet it is.

Just got a RM750i that replaced a 7ish year old TX850. It's been a good upgrade. I especially like how quiet it is.

LOL...I have yet to get it out of fanless mode. According to the Corsair Link software I'm not even 50% load when gaming.

Of course, I got the 750W flavor as margin because my cheapo EVGA 600B watt-er $30USD Special took to hard clicking off under gaming load, and insta-rebooting...

Back