In the market for a good home/lab gigabit switch

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
I am looking for a nice switch for my home lab that support VLAN's(for lab) port mirroring, link aggregation and gigabit and also managed. What do you guys think about the HP ProCurve 1810G-8? It looks like a pretty solid switch, does anyone have any experience with it?. What are some other good switched I should look at?

Procurve 1800 or 1810.

You could also look at the Powerconnect 5324 or 27(28)24 which for a lab switch would be fine, and be about $100 cheaper then the Procurve, however IMHO the PC is worth it.

The HP units are VERY nice switches and I would have bought one if it supported STP.

Check out the new Cisco 300 series small business switches. I've given a brief overview of them here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1579746&highlight=sg300

I think they're much more feature rich than the 1810 series.

Riley

the Cisco SG300-10 looks great, it has a lot more features than the HP version and it can route VLANS.

Any more input on this?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Haha, OK yeah, there is no CLI or Console and the webgui is clunky and basic but once it`s setup there no more reason to go back in there other than checking the log or whatever.

I was a little disappointed with the gui whan I got mine. It is functional, just horrible!

I`d say the hardware more than makes up for the firm/softwares shortcomings...

that`s my opinion anyway, but they`re like arseholes....everyones got one!

Back