In Store Only Frys: Raidmax Iceberq

Wow, crazy good price. I don't need one either really but yeah. :cool:

Upon review, there really appear to be none new in stock in SoCal or NorCal.

The only ones available are floor models, which explains the low price.

I think the only one in Vegas is the floor model too. Not nearly in love with it enough to go down & investigate.

This is basically the same case as the NZXT Adamas with a few tweaks and a Raidmax logo slapped on it. I have to say that I was very impressed with the Adamas case and for $30, this is an awesome deal! The built quality is not quite Lian Li'esque but it is very nice nonetheless.

I just actually just at the Brokaw Fry's in SJ earlier tonight and should've checked . . . so going to check now :)

I've had a couple Raidmax cases in the past, and they were all quite horrible. Poorly designed and poorly built, quite the disappointment, really.

Have things changed and now Raidmax makes descent cases?

I've had a couple Raidmax cases in the past, and they were all quite horrible. Poorly designed and poorly built, quite the disappointment, really.

Have things changed and now Raidmax makes descent cases?

Yeah, I would agree that Raidmax cases are generally pretty bad but, again, this is an NZXT Adamas rebadged as a Raidmax. The Adamas is a $200 retail case (realistically worth about $125 to $150). It is 100% aluminum with thick panels throughout - not the flimsy, vibration prone ones found on cheaper cases. They changed a couple minor parts of the design (added the side window panel, top fans, etc.) from the Adamas and changed the name.

For $30, most everyone would be very happy with this case. Keep it mind that this is coming from a Lian Li/Silverstone case snob.

Good luck finding one at Fry's today though - looks like they're all gone.

Maybe if I didn't have a Lian Li A05 and V1100 in the garage waiting to be finished...maybe.

Why would anyone in their right mind buy this case for its retail when the CM 690's price is lower and IMO a better case. Best thing to go with this raidmax case is a raidmax 1000w psu for 4th july fireworks that is if its still working until then. :D

Why would anyone in their right mind buy this case for its retail when the CM 690's price is lower and IMO a better case. Best thing to go with this raidmax case is a raidmax 1000w psu for 4th july fireworks that is if its still working until then. :D

cm690 is all steel, that case is all aluminum... seems like a no brainer to me...

Back