In search of hdmi atmos receiver 4k60 hdmi 2.0 or an hdmi matrix switcher?

markm75

Gawd
I sort did a similar search maybe a year ago, but strictly for splitters which were hit or miss..

i have an onkyo nr1030 atmos receiver.. receiver itself is great.. but i've ran into issues in recent months with newer tech that pushes 4k60hz and maintaining things like hdr through the passthrough..

Seems the onkyo receiver wont pass all that through, i dont even think 4k60, it dumbs it down to 4k30..

Thankfully on my htpc i have dual outputs for hdmi/dvi.. i was able to send audio to the receiver to maintain the Hidef audio while sending the video directly to the tv from the other port to maintain the 4k60.

Thats the key here is being able to have the DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD passthrough.. with my ps4pro i cant do this.. i use analog, so no HD audio.. with the upcoming xbox one x, ill have a similar issue, no hd audio unless i either split the video signal at the xbox into two (i've ran into issues of dropped picture with this).

So right now i have a 5x1 hdmi 2.0 switch for the video portion, optical cables coming out of the ps4 and dual cables coming out of the pc, one to the receiver, the other to this 5x1 switch.

I thought it would be easy to just find a 5x2 matrix 2.0 switch and be done, no fussing around with splitters on the back of the xbox one x or even ps4 pro.. but in my search i havent found hardly any beyond 1 or 2 ports that have dual output and are hdmi 2.0 with 4k60.

Any thoughts on choices here.. am i missing a 4x2 or 5x2 hdmi 2.0 matrix out there, thats not super expensive ($100 tops?).
I may just give in and do an hdmi 2 port splitter that is 2.0 on the xbox one x hdmi port and see if i have dropped signal issues.

Thanks in advance

I might just try to split the output from the 5 port HDMI switcher using this startech 4k60 device.. hoping it works.. send one to the tv 4k60 port and the other to the receiver for the hd audio..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back