in like 10 yers of working with pcs the weirdest problem ever...

Agent Orange 615

[H]ard|Gawd
my screen basically looks like a nintendo game when you dont blow in it. im on an m6810 laptop, its been pretty good but now the screens absolutely useless, and it doesnt matter if I extrend my deskttop so i know its hardware related and not the mionitor piece itself.

it also persists through bios and startup...

im at a loss, everything is messed up.

BTW im sorry for mispelling but im working off this god forsaken piece of machinery. Right now theres a greenish tinge and everything is boxxy.

I also notice shots to the actual laptop seem to clear it up but im sure this isnt good for it.

Open the bezel around the LCD. You'll find a very small wire harness with like 20 wires in it. Those wires bend evey time you open and close the laptop. All that stress eventuallyw ears them out, and they start to break. Fortunately, every laptop I've ever repaired for that reason, the harness was less than $20.

What does the display look like on an external monitor only?

If it's ok on the external monitor, I agree with the poster below. Wiring harness, or thin-film cable damaged or maybe just loose. It's a VERY common issue.

However, if the external display is also messed up you have deeper issues I'm afraid.

Open the bezel around the LCD. You'll find a very small wire harness with like 20 wires in it. Those wires bend evey time you open and close the laptop. All that stress eventuallyw ears them out, and they start to break. Fortunately, every laptop I've ever repaired for that reason, the harness was less than $20.

thanks for the info, but the problem persists when i extend my desktop onto a monitor or my tv using s video and the regular monitor output =(. Im going to try the harness thing anyway, you never know... thanks though

It's not gonna be the harness then. Video signal out to your s-video port doesnt run through that harness.

You have a bad video card. Time to toss the old laptop and buy new. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news there.

Back