In honor of Pizza Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

sed8em

2[H]4U
For those of you wanting to engorge on some pizza to celebrate Pizza Friday, enter PAPA50 to your online Papa John's order and get 50% off your favorite pizza pie.

Works for the Arlington, VA location, got a large supreme for $8.50. I believe your local store has to participate in order for it to work.

Papa Johns boycott means no sale for me. I'm standing firm on this one.

From what I saw, he said something to the effect of "Obamacare means I have to charge you more for pizza".

Pissed some people off.

Papa John's doesn't want to provide any healthcare to his employees, so since he's now forced in a way, he's footing the bill to his customers.

Nice find OP!.

Dunno why people are boycotting it... it's the truth. More taxes means more expense, means transferring to customers to stay afloat.

yea.... i can see that.... but hey... if you get a good discount on a pizza.... and they lose money on the deal... go for it. :)

[L]imey;1039529336 said:
From what I saw, he said something to the effect of "Obamacare means I have to charge you more for pizza".

Pissed some people off.

He said that because currently papa John's doesn't give employees healthcare, so being mandated to means he has to give benefits to his employees which he would then pass on to the consumer in the form of more expensive pie

this is the same company that had to stop saying "better ingredients" because it was proven that they weren't any better or worse than pizza hut. I recommend not buying pizza from either place though.

He said that because currently papa John's doesn't give employees healthcare, so being mandated to means he has to give benefits to his employees which he would then pass on to the consumer in the form of more expensive pie

this is the same company that had to stop saying "better ingredients" because it was proven that they weren't any better or worse than pizza hut. I recommend not buying pizza from either place though.

They did some quick math and attacked with PR using the worst case scenario they could compute. Even our incompetent TV media called them on it as a complete fabrication. And I also recommend not buying from either place.

Its only logical to raise costs if it costs more to make pizza. Common sense business knowledge. If a business takes a hit then theres measures to take which is to remove jobs or increase prices. No company exists for their generosity. Businesses are here to make money.

I boycott it because it's like eating raw dough with ketchup. Papa John's is disgusting. Lived all over 'Murica and the best pizza is in Chicago, pan and thin. Lou's, Gino's, Pequods, Jake's...and all those mom and pop places in the city that sell it inside a bag. Damnit, now I'm salivating for Chicago hot dogs and italian beef sammiches. The roast beef in Boston is horrible.

Last edited:
I boycott it because it's like eating raw dough with ketchup. Papa John's is disgusting. Lived all over 'Murica and the best pizza is in Chicago, pan and thin. Lou's, Gino's, Pequods, Jake's...and all those mom and pop places in the city that sell it inside a bag. Damnit, now I'm salivating for Chicago hot dogs and italian beef sammiches. The roast beef in Boston is horrible.

Since you've been all over "Murica", do you have any pizza place that you'd recommend for those of us living in the SF Bay Area? Preferably South Bay, but if it's super good I'd entertain the thought of driving to SF just to eat pizza so.

I seriously have not eaten truly great pizza. Not saying they all suck, but the best I've had was from California pizza kitchen, which is supposedly just meh anyway:confused:

Sorry, poor choice of words. Furthest west I've been for any extended period of time is Washington and Colorado. Never been to SF but I imagine the seafood is excellent. I've tried a lot of pizza and seriously, the best is in Chicago and surrounding suburbs. Don't know why I can't find anything close elsewhere. Some say the secret is in the pans. That they never wash them. The sauce and the crust are different and so is the smell. Lou Malnati's and Gino's East ships frozen pies in dry ice, but it's not the same. I don't recommend it.

http://www.loumalnatis.com/

http://www.ginoseast.com/flash.html

[L]imey;1039529336 said:

Pissed some people off.
Well if they hadn't voted for Odummy...:eek:
I usually shop for my $8 pizzas based on political positioning.
Lol me too all the time:D :rolleyes:
Its only logical to raise costs if it costs more to make pizza. Common sense business knowledge. If a business takes a hit then theres measures to take which is to remove jobs or increase prices. No company exists for their generosity. Businesses are here to make money.
This. no pro bono here:mad:
Dunno why people are boycotting it... it's the truth. More taxes means more expense, means transferring to customers to stay afloat.
Yep, quite simple.
:cool:

"Many in the media reported that I said Papa John's is going to close stores and cut jobs because of Obamacare. I never said that. The fact is we are going to open over hundreds of stores this year and next and increase employment by over 5,000 jobs worldwide. And, we have no plans to cut team hours as a result of the Affordable Care Act." - John Schnatter, founder of Papa John's

http://www.pmq.com/news/news.php?id=16327

In other words, he had to dial back the derp when people noticed that he has a 40,000 square foot mansion with several swimming pools, a private golf course and a 22-car garage, and that an extra 5 to 10 cents per pie isn't much when the Papa John's franchise earns $1.2 billion revenue on total operating costs of $1.1 billion.

We've got pizza snobs, people who can't do basic math, and partisan hacks, all in one thread! I just dropped by for a pizza coupon, but this is way better!

Papa John's guy sounds like a douche in any case. I just go Papa Murphy's for all my pizza needs.

In other words, he had to dial back the derp when people noticed that he has a 40,000 square foot mansion with several swimming pools, a private golf course and a 22-car garage, and that an extra 5 to 10 cents per pie isn't much when the Papa John's franchise earns $1.2 billion revenue on total operating costs of $1.1 billion.

Yeah I don't get it. The guy runs a multi-billion $$ venture and he has a bigass house, cars, a trophy wife and 19 mistresses and I have none of that. Where is the justice?

Also, the corporation nets $52 million annually, or 4.5%, which is pitiful. At that margin a small increase in costs has a significant effect. I'm surprised the place is still in business.

John Schattner can go to hell in a handbasket....

He's all fine and well with giving away $24 million in free pizzas last year, but he bitches about a $5 million increase in business operating expenses when it comes to taking care of the folks that make his shit pies.....

lol, I never knew there were so many elitist pizza tasters, it's not like EVERYONE lives in bloody Chicago or NY or Italy and can get some "great local" pizza pie that is better then pizza hut/papa johns/dominos.

Papa John's guy sounds like a douche in any case. I just go Papa Murphy's for all my pizza needs.

YES! you control how it's baked AND you don't have to pay sales tax to the gubment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back