Improved my Doom 3 benchmark by 10fps

Bumrush

Limp Gawd
Guys, not sure if anyone else can verify this, but I just went from 79.8 fps to 91 fps in 1024*768 8AF, 00A, high game settings, Nvidia image settings to high quality. I ran a bunch of benches yesterday and could not understand why my score only went down 3fps when I enabled 4aa from within D3. A couple of other times it benched at 91, but every time I rebooted, back to 79 with no AA enabled. Every setting remained the same, but the number fluctuated repeatedly when doing benches. I finally decided to go the performance and quality setting in the Nvidia control panel and deselected "application control" from the AA box and set it to zero. Boom, FPS went back up 91 and has remained so through various tests...

Wondering if the game automatically (or there is a bug) sets the AA to 2 unless its manually set to zero..

Not that it matters because the game is capped at 60 FPS.

But good job :cool:

well it is capped to 60 fps but once it it finishes those 60 fps it can do more in that same 1 second

So if I can do 60 fps in half a second then whatever else my pc is capable of producing in this case 50-60 more fps is what I would get on screen

Back