Impressions on the Samsung 213T?

Vexorg

[H]ard|Gawd
For quite some time now, I have been needing to replace this ancient 17" CRT I'm on now. I'm thinking that if I do so, I might go for a spurge and pick up one of the Samsung 213Ts. I've seen the in-store demo models, and they certainly look impressive, but is this one really worth it for the rather steep pricetag? Also, I note that Amazon seems to have the black version nearly $200 more expensive than the silver one. Is there some reason for this?

If you play games or watch movies on your computer then avoid this monitor. If you don't then it is a great display.

Works great to me.
ctrike,ns,command and conquer,everquest,final fantasy 11,X2,and movies play flawlessly.

go to best buy and ask them to test it out for you they wouldn't mind.

I have owned Samsung 213T for a couple months now.

I have gone through at least 5 213Ts in hope of getting the perfect LCD with no dead pixels whatsoever and all of those have exhibited no ghosting.

I have no idea why some people are experiencing streaking and ghosting. But for me, this has not been the case.

Samsung 213T works flowlessly without ANY visible ghosting. I would have to actually "look" meticulously to detect some very slight blurs. However, 90% of time, including games like Jedi Knight: Academy and Halo, I have yet to detect any ghosting.

I think you should just pick one up at your local store. That way, you can exchange for another one in case you receive one with dead pixels. Also, you can return for good if you detect unbearable ghosting.

A mini-review by me..
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=709541

Good luck.

Back