Important Note RE: Intel ES CPU's

FLECOM

Modder(ator) & [H]ardest Folder Evar
Staff member
I am having to remind too many people of this so I am going to leave this stickied for a little bit...

ALL Intel Engineering Samples are property of the Intel Corporation and are not to be bought or sold... any Intel Engineering Sample you have that did not come from Intel is technically STOLEN PROPERTY

so

OK: "I have 2x L5640 for sale, PM for details"

NOT OK: "I have 2x L5640 ES CPU's for sale!"

kapish?

whats wrong with 2 extra spicy L5640s ?

from Intel's website

What are Intel Engineering Sample Processors?

Intel® Engineering Sample Processors ("Intel ES Processors"), also known as Intel® Qualification Sample Processors, are pre-production processors loaned to Intel's Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Original Device Manufacturers (ODMs), and Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) to be used in the product design cycle prior to product launch.

These processors often include additional features that production processors do not include for customer pre-production evaluation and test purposes. The following conditions apply to Intel® ES Processors:
Intel ES Processors are the sole property of Intel
Intel ES Processors are Intel Confidential
Intel ES Processors are provided by Intel under nondisclosure and/or special loan agreement terms with restrictions on the recipient's handling and use
Intel ES Processors are not for sale or re-sale

Intel ES Processors may not have passed commercial regulatory requirements
ES Processors are not covered under Intel warranty and are generally not supported by Intel

yep AMD is the same thing, if anyone needs clarification please feel free to shoot me a PM

I'd hazard a guess and say IBM sample chips are the same, where do we draw the line though, ASIC samples from independent fabs?

Back