Importance of Memtest results?

9mmx19

[H]ard|Gawd
First Im using that Patriot DDR-667 that ppl have been talking about.

With an E6300 at stock (and OCed) it could pass at least one pass on Memtest. I tried an E6400 the memory keeps failing even at stock. I have been running it at 2.1V. Is that too much? Have I damaged the RAM?

Now even though it fails Memtest, the setup passes the Orthos Blend test for 26 hours and of that, 11+ hours was looping 3DMark06. So should I be worried about memtest at all?

any errors means the ram is spitting out bad data.. while it may or may not effect your normal use, there will invariably be bad consequences of this. i would try to figure out why there are errors..

Okay thanks.

So any ideas why this is happening? Is 2.1V too high? It was passing before but now it fails even at stock. The only hardware change was the CPU. It also seems to be failing the same test at the same address. Does that mean anything?

Ill try testing each piece separately and switch them around.

EDIT: Well I swapped them and changed slots, no luck. Going to try them singly.

Okay well it seems only one of the sticks fails.

Yeah first I manually set speeds and voltages to stock. With one stick in it passes and when I swap it with the other into the same slot it fails immediately.

Well I RMAed with Patriot. Their email reponses were pretty quick. They wanted me to return to Newegg at first but eventually I got an RMA# same day. We'll see how long it takes.

Back