Import outlook express mail to outlook 2010

robble

Supreme [H]ardness
I've recently installed win 7 and office 2010 beta on my computer (on a fresh hard drive). I need to import all of my old emails from outlook express to outlook 2010. My email and old OS are still on another hard drive that is hooked up as a data drive right now.

How can I do this?

Thanks!

I don't know about Outlook Express but in Outlook you just go to the File menu and select Import and Export. Export to a file on one machine then import that file on the other PC.

If it wa as simple as outlook to outlook i could just copy the pst folder and be done.

I've tried the import from outlook express feature in outlook, but it doesn't work. Maybe because outlook express isn't actually installed on the same c drive as my win 7.

I'm still open for ideas. I was able to get my express mail imported into windows live mail. (trying all kinds of stuff here) but can't get the mails from live mail to outlook either.

Export to a file in Outlook express and copy the file to the other hard drive with 7 on it. Boot into 7, open outlook and import that file. If thats what you tried I don't know what to tell you. I've never used outlook express and don't have it installed to even look at.

With prior versions, Outlook can import all mail, addy book, and settings from Outlook Express.

I imagine they kept it the same with Outlook 2010. So it's probably just a matter of taking your mailstore from your old Outlook Express, importing it into your new Win7 Mail..and then importing that from Outlook.

Back