import Firefox 2 settings to different XP user how to?

nobody_here

[H]F Junkie
i have two profiles on XP

one has my favorites, cookies, saved passwords, extensions, skins, etc......installed

when i launch Firefox 2 from the other user profile it has none of this

how can i easily make it so that it launches identically from either user so i dont have to switch profiles all the time?

Your profile are stored somewhere under your own local settings folder, just syn the contents there.

Or a better way is use Portable Firefox. Totally stand alone and with it on your D: never having to worry about profile getting wipped by reformats.

Your profile are stored somewhere under your own local settings folder, just syn the contents there.

Or a better way is use Portable Firefox. Totally stand alone and with it on your D: never having to worry about profile getting wipped by reformats.

i figured there is a folder there i should be able to copy over but i cant find it

Should be under:

C:\Documents and Settings\{User account}\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\{Random value}

The profile folder is under C:\ (or whatever your windows install location is).

Code:
\documents and settings\YOUR USER NAME\application data\mozilla\firefox\profiles\SOME FOLDER NAME\

Application data is a hidden folder, so you have to turn on the option to View Hidden Files and Folders in Folder Options.

Back