Impact of increased voltages on CPU's

SparkedFire

[H]ard|Gawd
I was wondering how much of an impact a voltage increase will have on a cpu? for example i am running a 3.06GHz P4 at 3.6GHz at 1.7volts (stock is 1.55volts). how will its life span be impacted? thanks guys.

Lets put it this way, you will change every computer component in your case (including your case) by the time that processor dies from age.

Originally posted by p0opyfac3
Lets put it this way, you will change every computer component in your case (including your case) by the time that processor dies from age.
yea, dont even worry about voltages, unless ur at 2.2 or something :eek:

And what is wrong with 2.2v?

For Chirstmas i got my amd another .09v, and i have plans on getting it some phase change for its secound birthday, 0243

if it was at 2.2 i dont think it would last very long :). So 1.7v will be ok for long term OC'ing?

Originally posted by SparkedFire
if it was at 2.2 i dont think it would last very long :). So 1.7v will be ok for long term OC'ing?

I am tlaking about a AMD CPU....

And i have been running 2.2+v for about 8 mounths now, on the same CPU

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
I am tlaking about a AMD CPU....

And i have been running 2.2+v for about 8 mounths now, on the same CPU
damn!! what CPU u have??

2100+

more04.jpg

On an intel I wouldn't go much higher than 1.7V if you plan on keeping it long. above that you get into where SID can take affect "Sudden Intel Death"

235x11, for a grand total of 2585 MHz, that is game stabel. The funny thing is, it the highers i can even get it too stay in windows. in other words, I can run it like that 24/7, but if i up it to 2.6 (13x200) its not stabel, at all.

Funny how i can slam mega volts to a AMD?? I dont even worry about testing one @ 2.2V+

indeed Tedinde

Its nice how on a AMD system you can slam mega volts to anythign and everything.....

so far my voltmods consist of, a northibridge chipset volt mod, DDR memory voltmod, GPU voltmod, GPU DDR voltmod, and a 3 PSU volt mods the 5v 12v and 3.3v rails. And im not sure if this counts but, replaceing some caps for a bit better ones.. :)

i love AMD

Back