Immortals Fenyx Rising Ubisoft

Trying to play this but I have to say, this game makes zero sense from a gameplay standpoint. The control layout is horrific. Animations lag sometimes a whole second. Sometimes you can't even attack enemies. The menu system is horrific. There is an unlock system but apparently it is not tied to the main story. So if you don't run around like a headless chicken your character will be at the base skill set throughout. What the actual fuck? Its like they never played a video game before, and don't know how useful it would be to have a quick map feature and maybe some explanation with what you're supposed to do. You'll walk up to these challenges or objectives and the game won't even tell you how to start them. Press Y? Hold Y? Drop an item? Just give a prompt or something.

Considering this comes from the company that made the shitastic Wildlands and criminally negligent AssCreed Odyssey I shouldn't be surprised this game plays worse than indie games made by 3-4 people.

Maybe it gets better, but with the shit controls and insane input lag I'm not sure how you can complete it. Essentially an even shittier Zeland BOTW.

Trying to play this but I have to say, this game makes zero sense from a gameplay standpoint. The control layout is horrific. Animations lag sometimes a whole second. Sometimes you can't even attack enemies. The menu system is horrific. There is an unlock system but apparently it is not tied to the main story. So if you don't run around like a headless chicken your character will be at the base skill set throughout. What the actual fuck? Its like they never played a video game before, and don't know how useful it would be to have a quick map feature and maybe some explanation with what you're supposed to do. You'll walk up to these challenges or objectives and the game won't even tell you how to start them. Press Y? Hold Y? Drop an item? Just give a prompt or something.

Considering this comes from the company that made the shitastic Wildlands and criminally negligent AssCreed Odyssey I shouldn't be surprised this game plays worse than indie games made by 3-4 people.

Maybe it gets better, but with the shit controls and insane input lag I'm not sure how you can complete it. Essentially an even shittier Zeland BOTW.

Weird...seems like we played two different games. I used a DS4 controller and the controls were intuitive and responsive. I had zero input lag. Unlocking skills and talents by doing side quests is certainly nothing new and the vast majority of the side quests are easy and fun. There are a few that can be frustrating but by the end of the game I was powerful enough to skip them. Once you acquire and level up Ares Wrath that's really all you need. I absolutely loved this game.

I did not have a single one of the technical issues you're describing. The game has played smooth and responsive for me at ultra settings with no noticeable input lag.

Weird...seems like we played two different games. I used a DS4 controller and the controls were intuitive and responsive. I had zero input lag. Unlocking skills and talents by doing side quests is certainly nothing new and the vast majority of the side quests are easy and fun. There are a few that can be frustrating but by the end of the game I was powerful enough to skip them. Once you acquire and level up Ares Wrath that's really all you need. I absolutely loved this game.

It is bugged throughout. The physics bugs are terrible.

Take this one objective. It tasks you with dropped 3 small rocks between lasers which instantly destroy them. You need 3-4 rocks to open the passage. Problem is the developers decided to say "fuck it, we're not going to implement rock physics". The task itself is simple and easy to figure out. It should take no more than 50 seconds. You block the lasers, carry and drop rocks onto the pad.

Instead the game makes it a fucking hell and is impossible because they decided to skip implementing a functional physics system. Want to drop one rock, and then behind it, and another behind that? Too bad. There isn't enough room to bounce them around and the game plays random chance of where the rocks will end up. Drop it down at your feet? Might go to the side and into the laser. Might bump the other rock making it shoot off with speed into a laser. Might set down fine, then randomly fly off 5 seconds later. Okay, want to go get more rocks? Well looks like the other 2 that were there magically disappeared when you left.

How the fuck did they not figure out a rudimentary physics system and a way to turn and precisely drop rocks? Literally that is all the game is.

And the kicker to realize they didn't spend 10 minutes alpha testing this game - there is no way to reset the rocks. So when the physics bug out the developers decide to screw over the gamers.

All to push their shitty paid unlocking system (can't upgrade without opening chests). One has to thing it isn't incompetence but malice. They make the game so bad that they hope people will get angry and spend money on their shitty paid boosters. I'd like to think they're just incompetent but I am doubting it.

I just played a game that was made largely by 1 person, Project Wingman, and while obviously a budget game it was actually tested and feature complete. I can't give Ubisoft a free pass for this trash. Cyberpunk 2077 was far more feature complete than this game, and less buggy. This thing should be pulled from the market and full refunds given until they finish it and remove the paid unlockings.

And then you have extremely vague, tedious objectives like this. "Capture Hope trapped inside the hidden room". In a game that is about screwing around with horrible physics, barely workable climbing, you expect us to climb up all of that? It will take a good 20-30 minutes to climb around those walls. In a game where you spend more time running to objective marker than doing the objective. And half of the time, the objective is something like this. Do we really need to spend 30-40 minutes climbing around crap to find Hope? I didn't even know who Hope was because they were never mentioned in the story previously.

Immortals Fenyx Rising Screenshot 2021.02.27 - 16.45.31.70.png

If you want to do a climbing game, you need to make the climbing more interesting with workable camera angles. Death Stranding did this 10x better.

And this weight is stuck. Wonder what is causing the hold up? If you could fucking see more than a zoomed in weight blocking you entire screen, maybe you'd know!

Immortals Fenyx Rising Screenshot 2021.02.27 - 17.07.31.19.png

Last edited:
Again, absolutely did not have a single problem with any of this stuff. *shrug* Although I do wish there was at least an option for a tighter camera angle.

Same. I'd say his system is oc'd too high causing errors, and pebkac.

It is just a shit game. You can read about it on google, or just "play" it. I'm not sure how an over clock can produce things like the camera angle pictured above. That was intentional (shit game developers) or unfinished (shit game developers).

Nothing was finished. Controls, animations, physics. It fails here and the problem is that is all this game has to offer. It is an early alpha at best.

The only thing the bothered implementing was the pay to unlock system. My assumption is they're betting on people getting frustrated with the non-functional physics system and disappearing props, animation breaking and idiotic camera and want to skip the side content. Ubisoft's model is that most people will not refund and won't issue charge back. But will feel that since they already started, they want to finish it by skipping as much "side" (actually required) content as possible. Hence where the payments come in. Scummy behavior and Ubisoft should be regulated out of existence.

Stuttering from other users.

Easily one of the worst (and immoral) games I've ever "played". Anyone who supports these business practices shouldn't complain when they get a buggy, non-functional product ever again. Literally, there are superiority crafted 3D games made by 1-2 people out there.

This makes Cyberpunk look like a polished masterpiece.

Last edited:
insane take.

Tell me how an over clock changes the games camera angle, or changes animations, or stops clipping of the player or NPCs into walls.

I think your take is insane. Not sure why one would defend such a shit product that should be recalled. It was done with Batman Arkham Knight. It should be done for this. It is an alpha build in its current state. Until they finish the actual game it shouldn't be sold. Or at the minimum it should be free and people should be compensated for bug testing.

Tell me how an over clock changes the games camera angle, or changes animations, or stops clipping of the player or NPCs into walls.

I think your take is insane. Not sure why one would defend such a shit product that should be recalled. It was done with Batman Arkham Knight. It should be done for this. It is an alpha build in its current state. Until they finish the actual game it shouldn't be sold. Or at the minimum it should be free and people should be compensated for bug testing.
yeah, well... that's like, your opinion, man.

Not sure why you're having so many problems. I see nothing but praise in slickdeals.net threads and I love it. Did you pirate an old version or something? I don't know or care much but it's strange you claim what you do.

Not sure why you're having so many problems. I see nothing but praise in slickdeals.net threads and I love it. Did you pirate an old version or something? I don't know or care much but it's strange you claim what you do.
he's being a contrarian

Simply put, they never finished the game. I mean there is no fucking save system. That alone is a big glaring omission that should let you know they forgot to finish the game. Get a crash? Enjoy replaying 50-90 minutes of gameplay.

* 8 minutes of actual gameplay, rest of the time is just animations breaking and the character inputs not working.

I'm not joking when I saw this is one of the worst games I've played the past decade. Just Cause 4 was even better, and that is saying something. At least the fixed that so it was playable.

Simply put, they never finished the game. I mean there is no fucking save system. That alone is a big glaring omission that should let you know they forgot to finish the game. Get a crash? Enjoy replaying 50-90 minutes of gameplay.

* 8 minutes of actual gameplay, rest of the time is just animations breaking and the character inputs not working.

I'm not joking when I saw this is one of the worst games I've played the past decade. Just Cause 4 was even better, and that is saying something. At least the fixed that so it was playable.
I think you're just trying to get a rise out of us at this point...

I think he's just bitter going into the game lol. Most of the shit he's complaining about is a non-issue. I'll bother with typing a response.

You can precisely drop rocks, press Y and just don't throw them. I did it all the time to solve puzzles cheaply. It's also very consistent behavior. Hard throws will break rocks, quick throws do not. Rocks break from one, to two, to four until it disappears.

You can reset rocks and puzzles by "meditating." Hold the start button to do this.

You can climb faster as you unlock more stamina and abilities. You can also brew stamina potions and use them while climbing (big convenience over BOTW here.) That wall won't take more than 2-3 minutes to climb regularly and 1-2 with abilities like Ares Wrath and the jumping up ability.

I never paid for any upgrades. My character got overleveled really quickly just from playing the regular game.

You can save in the pause menu. lol wtf how did you miss this?

I bought the season pass, let me say not a huge fan of the A New God DLC.

It's just vaults after vaults basically, and they can get really tedious. There's only one way to solve them usually, and some of them require a lot of trial and error in executing perfects.

Yesterday I finally ragequit at the last piece of a puzzle (Athena's Trial of Strategy's). You have to awkwardly use the hammer to get the ball past certain points with wind traps, etc. No real problem solving, just a lot of frustration.

I'm excited for the Myths of the Eastern Realm DLC, which should hopefully be more like the base game.

best part is there are plenty of reasons to shit on Ubisoft, but this game does not seem to be one of them.
As TaintedSquirrel said, Breakpoint is definitely worthy of being shit on. I think most of the legitimate complaints I've seen for this game is due to the developers having a limited budget in both money and time. You can still feel more passion come through in Immortals than some of the cookie cutter shit Ubisoft puts out.

You can precisely drop rocks, press Y and just don't throw them.

Which works great, until it doesn't. Which is around 90% of the time.

Hard throws will break rocks, quick throws do not. Rocks break from one, to two, to four until it disappears.

Absolutely not. Even turning around can make the rocks break or disappear outright.

You can save in the pause menu. lol wtf how did you miss this?

It is so inconsistent that it doesn't even count. Location, time of day, puzzles, enemies, upgrades are all randomized. If it doesn't save, it doesn't save. They could put a "you won a million dollars" option in the menu but I doubt they'll actually send you the money.

Which works great, until it doesn't. Which is around 90% of the time.

Absolutely not. Even turning around can make the rocks break or disappear outright.

It is so inconsistent that it doesn't even count. Location, time of day, puzzles, enemies, upgrades are all randomized. If it doesn't save, it doesn't save. They could put a "you won a million dollars" option in the menu but I doubt they'll actually send you the money.
I'm not seeing the problems you are. Did you pirate a prerelease version that's buggy maybe?

I can't find his issues on google, maybe its old school piracy protection by releasing buggy crap to piraters. Ahh Earthbound.

I'm not seeing the problems you are. Did you pirate a prerelease version that's buggy maybe?

Nope, whatever the current (or as of a few weeks ago) version was. Saw at least a few of the issues referenced when I searched for them including a few videos on youtube. I doubt I'll ever dive back into it. I think it sucks to put it lightly.

I'd rather replay BoTW and I didn't care for that game much.

A solid title that (for me) suffers from puzzle-itis a little bit too much including gating some of the main quest with it. There are some areas where it's not quite intuitive enough so be prepared to go on youtube to get some help.

Blah, I'm getting driver crashes every 15 minutes or so, I know it's not a stability issue because there's a cutscene where it happens in the exact same spot every time.
Too lazy to roll back drivers so I'll have to come back to this game later.

15.00 on Steam launch Epic has it for 11.20 after coupon but rather have the Steam Version. I hope UBI brings over their entire Library.

This is $15 during the present Steam sale - worth it?

I have about 25 titles that I can’t wait to start, continue, or finish - but oh well.

Is the gold edition worth an extra $11?
The first DLC is just a bunch of vaults (equivalent to shrines in botw). If you enjoy the puzzle content it's worth playing.
The second DLC is just a Chinese-themed rehash of the base game.
The third DLC is a top down ARPG.

Worth $11 if you're actually interested in playing all of it. It's about 30-40 hours of content.

Back