iMessage Hack Floods Apple Users With Chinese Texts

HardOCP News

[H] News
Obviously this report simply cannot be true because, as we all know, iPhones and iMessages are impervious to any form of hackery. Click [okay] to continue.

Some Apple users are suffering a hack tied to their iMessage accounts, according to one victim of the hack and others on Twitter. A Mashable employee on Wednesday morning saw a message in her computer's iMessage account from a foreign number she didn't recognize, with the message written in Chinese characters. Shortly after, she received a notification that her Apple ID was being used on another device. The only option prompted by this notification was to click "OK," and after she did so she was flooded with similar Chinese iMessage and SMS messages.

I bet all the Chinese Apple users are going : "You're saying that like it's a bad thing".

odds are those folks have some side-loaded apps from those sketchy Chinese App sites because they didn't feel like paying $2.99 for a game.

From what I could tell of the article, the hack is only working on people who use imessage on their mac computers. I didn't even know you could access imessage from there. Doesn't seem to be an IOS issue.

What is iMessage? Can you text and send emails like normal people do if you use an iApple product. /sarc

Only small number of people seem to be affected so they probably are sideloaders / jailbreakers.

Back