Images lose quality after uploaded?

Doodlehed

Limp Gawd
So I started working on a new website, put up a banner just to test and it looks like garbage. I exported it from photoshop at 100% quality and looks good when I view it on my computer. Once I upload to my site though it looks horribly garbled and compressed. Odd thing is the image size is the same, 61 kb on my pc and on my host?

So is it my browser dumbing down the image or is it my host?

Here's a link to the image I'm talking about. Notice on the bottom right it's all crappy looking. It's pristine on my computer.

http://rwbtech.scienceontheweb.net/img/craigslist.jpg

You spelled guaranteed incorrectly and the image looks fine for me. Which browser are you using?

Wow I look like a dipshit now. Thanks for catching that. Not a word I spell often.

I'm using IE 9?

Wow I look like a dipshit now. Thanks for catching that. Not a word I spell often.

I'm using IE 9?

It looks fine to me in Chrome, try viewing it with a different browser and see if it is fixed.

I think it has to be my host. I read up on a number of factors like possible photoshop using a different RGB than the web was able to see but my photoshop is set to sRGB which only uses colors monitors can display.

Back