Image quality on PNY 6800GT

greggerojr

n00b
I just installed a PNY 6800 GT into my Dell Poweredge 400SC and I have terrible image quality. Everything looks fuzzy at the resoulution of 1280x1024. I used to have a Radeon 9500 using the Cat 4.7's which I deleted using the ATi Uninstaller Util from Add&Remove. I tried the 61.76 and 61.77 nvidias and both dont solve the problem. The power supply on the 400SC is listed at 250w but many FAQ's in regards to this box list it as a 350w that is conservatively labeled. I did try Star Wars Galaxies with the new card and everything looked good except the fonts again. I would think that a lower wattage power supply would effect the in game performance but it all looked good. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

G

Hmm, have you tried different refresh rates? If so, I could only advise a stronger PSU or RMA for a different card. My 6800GT is very sharp.

mine looks great. Even improved my PVR250. Did you try Driver cleaner 3 first? I clean the cabs as well. ( haven't tried windows cab cleaner though)
Are you runnin DX9b?

Darn tranCendenZ you sure can read and write fast :D

Tried Driver Cleaner 3 with no luck, reinstalled drivers in safe mode (to avoid Anti-Virus) and tried the refresh rate change and it had no effect. Everything looks good in 800x600 but it just looks nasty on a 21' monitor.

Thanks for the advice so far. :confused:

Try going to desktop properties/Appearance/effects/ use the following method to smooth edges of screen fonts(make sure it's checked): Clear type
OK
Apply
Maybe?

Tried all desktop effects, tried updating the monitor driver, tried using the 2nd output via the DVI to Analog adapter. I think the card is goofy. Maybe that missing pack-in CD should have tipped me off? The package was sealed though.

Thanks for trying,

G

No Cd with mine ether. Not really a problem though, I always download the latest Drivers anywho and I don't need a 5th copy of Splinter CEll :eek:
Just for the heck of it have you tried a digital multimeter on your rails?

Back