Image Database Software

Chris

Weaksauce
- I need an image database software that let me burn to DVD
- Create a catalog of thumbnails in the CD/DVD, and automatically include a reader.
- The thumbnail browser ideally shows the folder structure and only shows the thumbnails of images inside the selected folder.
- Viewing of thumbnails in its original size & fit-to-window size.

I've tried many programs, but nothing works like I need it.
I found 1-2 programs, but they don't let me burn to DVD.
Many others only creates a HTML-based index gallery, which I hate because of the slow access of thumbnails. I prefer the software to create a large single catalog file which contains all the thumbnail database because it will be much faster for the CDROM/DVDROM to load. Loading thousands of individual thumnnails will definitely slow down the loading process.

iView is the only best solution I found, but it doesn't support DVD burning with XP unfortunately. Strangely ALL softwares that I've tried do not retain the folder structure in the CD/DVD. All the images are placed on the root folder together with the catalog reader. Is this a restriction or what ?
Do I really have to place 15000 images in the root folder ???
I

i recently got ACDSee v9.0 Photo Manager, it does all that stuff, and it´s not too expensive, it was well worth it :cool:

Unfortunately they only produce HTML image gallery on CD.
I have to burn 15000 images to DVD, and with 15000 thumbnail image, it slows down the loading tremendously.

Back