iMac Goes Up In Smoke

HardOCP News

[H] News
It is a good thing this iMac went up in smoke during business hours. Imagine what could have been if this had happened during the night? Yikes.

That's the Chinese governments new internet censoring service. Go to the wrong site and poof!!

Thats a Feature that comes with all macs...

Then again it could be the new way apple gets you to upgrade :D

Having a camera and knowing BEFORE it starts smoking that it's about to start smoking is another story...

And all computers go up in smoke from time to time.

Non story, but more typical hardocp Apple hatred.

catching a computer going up in flames on video = apple hatred, gotcha.

Mmmm...Toasty!

hPOD, did you forget this today?
donutcushionsmall141.jpg

Having a camera and knowing BEFORE it starts smoking that it's about to start smoking is another story...

And all computers go up in smoke from time to time.

Non story, but more typical hardocp Apple hatred.

This happened in China. You know. The country amongst others in eastern Asia where phones have much more features than American counterparts. If we have cameras and video recordings on our phones, you can bet your ass every one of their phones have them long by now.

If I saw my HP laptop go up in smoke, I promise you the first thing I'd think of (if I don't freak out and throw it in the bathroom toilet) would be to take out my Blackberry Bold and record it.

guess apple is to late to try to pay them to shut up

and yeah who doesn't have a phone with a recorder now... i fail to see how apple uses older parts, charges more and still can make them work right, still funny

Captured with his iPhone. Would have been a much better story if someone had filmed his iPhone exploding while he was filming his monitor burning.

[Troll]

This proves it; MAC SUUXXXXORS!!!11one1

[/Troll]

Haha.. nah, I'm just playing..

But really.. Mac sucks.

I bet Apple won't cover the warranty because it was plugged in...............zing!

guess apple is to late to try to pay them to shut up

and yeah who doesn't have a phone with a recorder now... i fail to see how apple uses older parts, charges more and still can make them work right, still funny

Because of all the apple fanboys out there, i mean if there dumb enough to pay for a service pack (snow leopard) then there dumb enough to pay for anything.

Captured with his iPhone. Would have been a much better story if someone had filmed his iPhone exploding while he was filming his monitor burning.

LOL, apple would literally rot.

[Troll]

This proves it; MAC SUUXXXXORS!!!11one1

[/Troll]

Haha.. nah, I'm just playing..

But really.. Mac sucks.

Correct.

I bet Apple won't cover the warranty because it was plugged in...............zing!

LOL

This happened in China. You know. The country amongst others in eastern Asia where phones have much more features than American counterparts. If we have cameras and video recordings on our phones, you can bet your ass every one of their phones have them long by now.

If I saw my HP laptop go up in smoke, I promise you the first thing I'd think of (if I don't freak out and throw it in the bathroom toilet) would be to take out my Blackberry Bold and record it.

I don't know about that. I can't comment on Hong Kong, but when I lived in Shanghai I didn't notice phones being any better than here in the states. Japan on the other hand...

When Sony was having it's issues with batteries it got just as much coverage. Not just on HardOCP, it was also all over the pace on major news site. I'm just waiting for shit to hit the fan on the iPhone when someone finally catches it on camera and posted it on youtube for all to see. Hearing of a battery burning up once a year or two is normal. Having reports of one particular model of phone bursting into flames or exploding at lease once every couple weeks is something completely different. The company making the consumer sign a NDA to receive a replacement phone is even worse. Granted this was an imac not an iphone. I'm sure another story with an iphone melting, exploding, maiming, or burning someone's property will pop up within a week or two.

Somewhere Steve Jobs is thinking "Son of a bitch! There goes the "special" smoke! Now that guy won't be in the Reality Distortion Field anymore!"

When Sony was having it's issues with batteries it got just as much coverage. Not just on HardOCP, it was also all over the pace on major news site. I'm just waiting for shit to hit the fan on the iPhone when someone finally catches it on camera and posted it on youtube for all to see. Hearing of a battery burning up once a year or two is normal. Having reports of one particular model of phone bursting into flames or exploding at lease once every couple weeks is something completely different. The company making the consumer sign a NDA to receive a replacement phone is even worse. Granted this was an imac not an iphone. I'm sure another story with an iphone melting, exploding, maiming, or burning someone's property will pop up within a week or two.

Yea really.

Anyway when I see the magic smoke the first thing that comes to mind is cut power to the device and find a fire extinguisher.

I'm surprised you can even power on a mac in the first place. I thought they were only for looking at :confused:

Apple hating aside...

What would have caused that smoke? Power Supply? Blown Capacitors? LCD inverter?

Guess that iMac was just too hot to handle, atleast my PC is cool...ZING!

Reminds me of that picture of a PC with a bunch of cluttered cables and the iMac and a caption, which would you rather have if something breaks.

Back