IM

Method

Limp Gawd
I believe there is a IM program that lets you use all the differnet companys IM in one screen am I correct and if so what is it called and hows it work ? Thanks

Trillian and it's available from here:
http://www.trillian.cc/

Go download the free version and check it out, you'll probably like it. I've been using it for a few years now, much better than running a whole bunch of different IM clients.

Gaim as well - but be warned, if you want to transfer files to AIM users or direct connect, it's mostly a hit or miss. Works with some versions, doesn't with others.

The ones I know of:

Already stated:
MirandaIM
Trillian
Gaim

and there's also easymessage

I've never used EasyMessage though

another vote for gaim. as stated above, i've never been able to transfer files with gaim so i keep a copy of aim on my machine too (one of the older slightly less bloated versions)

I have used all that are mentioned above.

I used Miranda IM 3.3.1 for the longest, and then tried .4 final. For just normal cut and dry chat it's fine, but use of any plugins is usually a hit or miss, and often (in my experience) makes it unstable.

I used gaim for a while also. I really like it, but lost a lot of the cool functions I was used to in Miranda IM - that didn't work half the time... haha

I'm now using Trillan Pro 3.1 that I purchased for a couple of reasons. I don't need to install plugins to get most of the functionality I need, and this version doesn't merge my contact lists between work and home. In the pro version it comes with a lot more than I actually need also, but might prove useful in the furture.

I like Gaim because it's cross-platform and updated frequently.
I like Trillian because it has everything I need + more, but it doesn't have a lot of plugins compared to Miranda IM
Miranda IM itself isn't always updated all the frequently, but it has a very active community of plug-in and theme creators.

Back