I'm using my XFX R9 290 DD with a Kraken G10 and a Corsair H55, am I missing anything?

I'm ordering a copper shim, a corsair h55, a 4-pin PWM -> Molex cable for the pump so it has a constant 12V power supply, and the Gelid Icy Vision enhancement VRM heatsinks kit.

Is that everything? Does anyone have any good step-by-step guides on how to install everything on this card?

The Corsair Hydro Series HG10 A1 Edition GPU Cooling Bracket cost $30 and it had everything that I needed in it. I went to a full water loop and the Corsair kit gave me the same OC as the full loop. Look at my sig to see what my temps were with the Corsair kit. Ashes of the Singularity pushed the temps a bit higher though.

Thanks, I'm going to check that out now.

Hmmm, seems to be hard to find........

Found one on ebay for a good price. Can't wait to hook my card up with it.

Last edited:
I have a couple of the Corsair brackets on 290x's, I like them a lot. With the H75 my core stays around 50c and the VRM's I keep cool with the fan running between 40 to 45%, not noisy at all compared to what they used to be! Totally tolerable for me now.

The Corsair Hydro Series HG10 A1 Edition GPU Cooling Bracket cost $30 and it had everything that I needed in it. I went to a full water loop and the Corsair kit gave me the same OC as the full loop. Look at my sig to see what my temps were with the Corsair kit. Ashes of the Singularity pushed the temps a bit higher though.

So I have an XFX R9 290 Double Dissipation edition. Does the HG10 work with that? According to the site, it has to be the Black Edition.

I have a G10 and an H55 running on one of my 290(x)'s... did not need a copper shim. Also running the gelid vrm kit. Good setup.

I "red modded" my 280x with a h60 and did not use a shim. seems fine without it. the gpu die is huge so the bock doesn't tilt around and I think it would take a lot more pressure to crush a die than what will be applied with the bracket or red-modding.

edit: idles at 27-30C and under full load with occt gpu test hits 55ishC. before I was getting 35 idle and 80+ in occt. In regular gaming I haven't seen it go above 50C, yet. its been cooler here since I did the mod.

Last edited:
Back