I'm surprised this isn't more popular here

Interesting, but I agree with everything DeathPrincess said.

The concept works, undoubtedly, and I can spend over 50 dollars on just compression fittings to cool 2 GPUs...…and your closed loop coolers are reusable (a big plus)

but I would still prefer a custom loop for the look and infinite choices it presents.:D

http://www.sabrepc.com/p-2447-pny-v...d-cooled-1gb-pci-e-desktop-graphics-card.aspx
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/2011/09/26/cooled-gtx-580-1-5gb-review/1
or buy the pre-made all-in-one from PNY
PNY_GTX_580_LiquidCooled_800.jpg

Lol, why does it still have a fan on the GPU itself?

Lol, why does it still have a fan on the GPU itself?

I believe to keep VRM/components cool, the advantage here is the shroud on it would directly exhaust any heat out the back. Though the WC block seems to severely limit airflow airflow under there.

i want to start but some of my friends had some leaks in theirs and yea, just air doesnt ruin componets, but limits you

Did they have leaks in custom built water setups or AIO kits? I would assume it's user error in a custom setup, not to imply anything. % wise I believe leaks happens less in all in one kits overall.

Now that you mention it, I had heard of Corsair replacing peoples hardware that had been fried when a loop burst. Are there any reports of Antec doing the same?

I can't seem to find evidence of any Antec Kuhler's leaking, though one would assume they would replace damaged components with the proper documentation/ evidence of it being their faulty product. Going to look into this now. Seems Antec would review damage claims on a case by case basis, I'm not sure how they would treat someone using it for a video card with a custom bracket. It may be their right to say it was misused and dismiss you outright.

Unless it was mounted to your "CPU" when it leaked..... :p

Last edited:
I can't seem to find evidence of any Antec Kuhler's leaking, though one would assume they would replace damaged components with the proper documentation/ evidence of it being their faulty product. Going to look into this now.

Now that you mention it I've never heard of one leaking either. I'll be interested to hear if you find anything.

I can't seem to find evidence of any Antec Kuhler's leaking, though one would assume they would replace damaged components with the proper documentation/ evidence of it being their faulty product. Going to look into this now. Seems Antec would review damage claims on a case by case basis, I'm not sure how they would treat someone using it for a video card with a custom bracket. It may be their right to say it was misused and dismiss you outright.

Unless it was mounted to your "CPU" when it leaked..... :p

My guess is that they would only replace damaged components if it was determined that it leaked due to a manufacturing defect. I bet they wouldn't cover it if it was damaged in shipping, installation, etc.

Even that would probably be hard to determine so I'd be interested to know what they say as well. Ideally, they would use mega-pure distilled water inside the loop to prevent conduction.

i have been interested in doing this on a SFF machine, i might have to get an H80 and a second H80 block/pump for the cpu as well, just gotta figure out where to mount the rads so they are not external

I got a h50 i'm not using and a reference 7970 that needs quieter cooling. Has anyone tried anything on a 7970?

On the antec coolers I personally have the 920 model cooling my cpu.

I've tried to take the tubes off, they don't exactly come off very easy(this is a understatement) . I couldn't see them leaking unless you manged to cut the tubes, or poked a hole in them.

They are made pretty solid.

I got a h50 i'm not using and a reference 7970 that needs quieter cooling. Has anyone tried anything on a 7970?

It would work, I would be a little weary about an using an H50 since the pump is pretty heavy and tubing is really, really stiff. One other thing that you would have to figure out is vrm cooling.

It would work, I would be a little weary about an using an H50 since the pump is pretty heavy and tubing is really, really stiff. One other thing that you would have to figure out is vrm cooling.

The pump is lighter than the reference heat sink. I think the chip is recessed so I don't think it will connect

The pump is lighter than the reference heat sink. I think the chip is recessed so I don't think it will connect

It shouldn't be recessed. I never had a problem mounting an HR-03 on a 6950. I doubt that the 7970 is any different with that.

It shouldn't be recessed. I never had a problem mounting an HR-03 on a 6950. I doubt that the 7970 is any different with that.
It's very different. The entire package is protected with a shim, which holds any "flat" cooler too far away from the chip. To make mods, you have to add a copper shim of your own to bridge the gap. Here's my shim when I installed my MCW82:

This would work with a gtx 260 as well as they share the same mounting brackets correct?

It's very different. The entire package is protected with a shim, which holds any "flat" cooler too far away from the chip. To make mods, you have to add a copper shim of your own to bridge the gap. Here's my shim when I installed my MCW82:

Correct.
EK waterblocks require a shim to work on the 7970......see here: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...eme_HF_HD7970_Cu_Adapter.html?tl=g30c309s1590

You'll notice how the heatkiller has a built in raised area to contact the GPU heatspreader......http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1..._Water_Block_15020.html?tl=g30c309s1590#blank

^^^ If I went that route I'd probably just remove the shim from the GPU package for some direct die~block action. I've done it before w/o issues using a common razor blade. You just have to go slow and easy.

]

Thanks for the pics. That is a retarded design. Not only did they weld the stock heatplate to the heatsink but they made it harder to use a normal gpu cooler. Its as if they went out of their way to make aftermarket cooling more difficult.

^^^ If I went that route I'd probably just remove the shim from the GPU package for some direct die~block action. I've done it before w/o issues using a common razor blade. You just have to go slow and easy.
Good luck RMA'ing the card if it dies down the road.
Thanks for the pics. That is a retarded design. Not only did they weld the stock heatplate to the heatsink but they made it harder to use a normal gpu cooler. Its as if they went out of their way to make aftermarket cooling more difficult.
I doubt it was to purposefully screw the aftermarket. My guess is the package design necessitated it (in order to protect the exposed components), and this was the easiest/least costly solution.

Good luck RMA'ing the card if it dies down the road.

Most of the stuff discussed around these parts voids warranties pretty quickly anyway. I go into these things with the mindset that if the card dies from a mod I did I own it. If it dies from a manufacturing defect not related to some mod I did I'm pretty sure it's within my abilities to epoxy the shim back on to the GPU package.

Cool It had something designed awhile ago that was a 240 rad and pump with general purpose blocks. You just buy different plate for each video card. Would be cool if corsair develops this idea further.

It was called the Omni, and the problem was the "interloper plates" were too much money. They were really close to the price of a new GPU block.

I like how as soon as this was moved from the video card to OC/cooling section it has had no attention at all

mods please move back! :0 ;)

Back