I'm saying goodbye to all my local ATi friends... goin' with nVidia again.

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
well, I finally got tired of waiting and waiting and waiting ( :rolleyes: ) for the x800 or the XTs to arrive at my local Crap USA so I went ahead and took the plunge for a BFG 6800 GT. from what I've been seeing on other sites, these cards are hanging pretty well with some of the bigger brother cards so we'll see.

while I've been using ATi cards since the 9700 Pro took us all by storm, I just got tired of waiting for ATi to get their shit straight and to start shipping the x800s in mass quantities which they obviously havent because none of my local Crap USA or Best Buys has ever had them.

so I'm hoping I'm doing the right thing by trying nVidia out again. its been a long time...

who cares?

And it's nvidia who's going slow, you could buy it online if you wanted.

CleanSlate said:
who cares?

well now, obviously you care because you wasted 10 seconds of your life replying to my thread. :rolleyes:

Got my x800xt pe from Compusa last week. If you pre-order then you get the card much earlier then you can in store. I hope you like the 6800 and report back and let us know how it runs.

ozziegn said:
so I'm hoping I'm doing the right thing by trying nVidia out again. its been a long time...
Hey it's your money. As long as you're satisfied, that's all that matters, right? ;)

qdemn7 said:
As long as you're satisfied, that's all that matters, right? ;)

you betcha. ;)

its not like I didnt want to give the x800s a chance because I really did want one.

see, I've had a $600+ gift card to Comp USA now for over four months so I decided that it was going to buy me either the x800 or the XT model but of course it had to come from Comp USA. so like I said above, I've been waiting for ever and ever and I still havent seen jack in their stores.

I've been checking their site almost daily and it always says, "coming soon". well, its been saying "coming soon" now for over a month. Best Buy is/was no better...

so I called Best Buy and they said that their BFG 6800 GTs were coming on 7/6 so I ordered one with overnite shipping for $6 extra. the nice about this deal is that my credit card isnt going to be charged until they ship the card. so if they dont ship it when they say they will, then I'm not out of anything and I'll still be in the same boat as I'm in now.

so if my BFG card does come soon, I'll be happy and I'll buy an XT from Comp USA whenever ATi feels like supplying them with the cards. I'll then ebay it which will more than pay for the BGF card from Best Buy.

here's a tip...

goto best buy or where ever that card is from, and say "hey, pre-order x800 xt-pe on the double short cakes"... there ya go, I know ppl have been getting their preordered x800's.

~Adam

oh ok.. so you basically just preordered like you would have with the x800.. lol :D kinda just switched for no reason eh, gaining nothing it seems ;).

Hope you enjoy it, I hear it does as well if not better than the x800 pro

I want one too.. hell I want any of them. I like my gf2 gts but those would be a bit better :)

~Adam

did you not read what I posted earlier?

I said that BB is due to get their BFG cards on the 6th so I'm supposed to get mine the next day. they havent charged my credit card a penny so I'm not out of a dime at this time.

so if they do ship the card as promissed, I'll FINALLY have something that I've been wanting for over a month now. I cant/couldnt say the same about the x800 cards.

hell, I asked Comp USA today about the x800s and they told me they were supposed to come in on the 4th OF LAST MONTH!

thats right, last month.

yea but you preordered the 6800gt right? so what's the diff on preordering the x800 because they dont have to be in stock for them to send either of them to you... the mfg sends it direct.

~Adam

I have a problem with that.

I said that I have a gift card with Comp USA meaning I cant use it online for doing a pre-order and my local Comp USA doesnt have the I.Q. when it comes to pre-ordering anything.

they just sit there and scratch their heads and say, "stupid is as stupid does..." :D

they will pre-order it for you, either of them.. lol come on now, didnt you just say you preordered your 6800gt?

I mean if you just want to go 6800gt instead of x800xt it's up to you, I'm just trying to help you hammer out how you are going to get what you want, and it sounded like you wanted the xt so if so why would you get the 6800gt when nvidia hasn't shipped any 6800's last time I checked but then alot of ppl ahve been getting their x800s? I dunno maybe I'm confused, which card do you want more again? Either way I'd go to BB and pre-order which ever one it is, if the ppl at the counter cant help dont be afraid to ask for the MANAGER(all the way up to the store manager!).. as I've heard ppl have needed to talk to them for things related to pre-ordering.

~Adam

CleanSlate said:
they will pre-order it for you, either of them.. lol come on now, didnt you just say you preordered your 6800gt?

yes, I did pre-order the GT but I ordered it at Best Buy. not Comp USA....

whatever man.... I really wanted to stick with ATi but their slow-ass production has ruined their chances with me this time around.

but you never know, come Tuesday, Best Buy might send me an email telling me they're going to have to delay shipping my GT and I'll be right back where I started from in the beginning. :D

ozziegn said:
my local Comp USA doesnt have the I.Q. when it comes to pre-ordering anything.

they just sit there and scratch their heads and say, "stupid is as stupid does..." :D
Jesus they must REALLY be stupid. :rolleyes: Someone wants to pre-order a $500 video card, so that's a $500 sale and they can't figure out how to do it?

You really want to use that CompUSA card, PM me your email addy. My next door neighbor is a salesman at the Ft Worth CompUSA. Maybe I can get him to help you out and you both win.

I know I keep preaching about the Sapphire x800 pro w/VIVOs ,but every single one of them are actually the x800XT cards. I got mine last week. Too bad you had a giftcard and couldnt order a x800 online, ozziegn. Good luck with the GT, I think I will buy one for my second computer soon...when prices come down some.

phas3d

phas3d said:
I know I keep preaching about the Sapphire x800 pro w/VIVOs ,but every single one of them are actually the x800XT cards. I got mine last week. Too bad you had a giftcard and couldnt order a x800 online, ozziegn. Good luck with the GT, I think I will buy one for my second computer soon...when prices come down some.

phas3d
i am awaiting for mine as we speak, should be here tomorrow.

ozziegn said:
see, I've had a $600+ gift card to Comp USA now for over four months so I decided that it was going to buy me either the x800 or the XT model but of course it had to come from Comp USA. so like I said above, I've been waiting for ever and ever and I still havent seen jack in their stores.

Well F'ing hell, if I had $600 to CompUSSR and they only had a 6800GT instead of an X800 Pro, I'd get it without a second thought. Just as good of a card(actually looking to be better, now).

Bad_Boy said:
lol congrats ozziegn :cool:

heh, no congrats are neccesary because I'm not getting the 6800 GT.

I ordered the card through Best Buy who told me it would be leaving their warehouse yesterday (Tuesday) and that I'd be recieving it today. so I then check my order status and it was changed to backorder status. I then called them up and they said that they had no idea when they would be recieving their next round of the 6800 GTs.

thats when I told them to cancel the order altogether and the hell with it. I told the Best Buy person that they havent changed their bullsh*t ways in one bit. they said they had something when in fact they didnt. that crap pisses me off to no end. :mad:

oh well, I'm taking this as a sign from God to just be happy with my current 9800 Pro for a little while longer. maybe the prices of the x800 XTs or the 6800 GTs will have somewhat gone down by then. but I'm certainly not going to get rapped like some of these people who are paying a higher premium from net retailors who are gouging people on the prices. I dont mind paying MSRP on new technology but I'm damn sure not gonna pay over that.

nope, not this white boy.

Prices are going ^Up^. Gate raised there pice to 499 from 434 for X800XT................ :mad:

Back