I'm pulling my hair out - TT Core P5 Pump Mount

Exentrick

n00b
I've got a Watercool Heatkiller Tube/D5 Combo that I'm trying to mount to my TT Core P5, and I cannot find any mounting hardware that fits the little pump mounting bracket included in the case. I ordered something I thought would fit but it doesn't! Any help here would be appreciated and save me from any more frustration.

Thanks!

I've never done any hard mods to a case - i'm willing to give it a shot, but I've got no idea what to do.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, I've got a 120mm fan mount and it doesn't fit. The plate that comes with the TT Core P5 that is supposed to be for mounting a pump to is a bit smaller than a 120mm fan.

Is there enough metal to redrill the holes to match what you need? Ive no idea what your constraints are lol.

My preference would be to use pre-made mounting hardware. I could drill a hole into the chassis, but I've never done that before. It looks like I may have to go down this path. Any advice on what to do or any considerations before drilling would be appreciated.

I would email or call them to see if theres something they maybe forgot to include to mount the pump where it should go.
It may be because you went with a different brand of pump res. Gah it would really look sweet on that pump pad! What about L brackets attached to the pad then attached to the pump?
There has to be a way to mount it on top of that pad...
Look for other peoples builds. maybe youll be able to tell how they mounted theirs.

I'd drill the chassis and be done with it. The large flat backplane on the P5 makes it easy. The P5 comes with hardware designed to mount Thermaltake's other watercooling components - not that of competitors.

IMG_20190830_124539024.jpg

The res and pump in my build are both mounted via drilled holes. Usually it's just a four-hole pattern and you can probably find some templates online for lining up the holes.

Back