I'm over colored coolants

reaper7534!

Limp Gawd
In the process of redoing my build ( Ryzen 3000 from a 6700K ) and will be draining the loop. Was running Mayhem Pastel blue, but need a change. I want to run straight distilled and need to know what biocides I need. The loop currently has a Alphacool radiator ( copper ) and EK waterblocks on the CPU and GPU ( nickle plated )

Will most likely order from Performance PC

Were you responding to another thread or am I completely missing something here ?
No, he, I think, was implying that changing colors with Primochill is easy, plus it comes with a bottle of biocide. I think.... I'd have to look at the ones I purchased again.
Maybe. He would have to clarify. That was my first thought with his answer.

I run distilled water and silver coil. On some systems I run Swiftechs glycol. But it's easier to keep it simple.

When I was still doing clear coolant I eventually settled on Aquacomputer DP-Ultra. It's premixed and has all the biocide, corrosion inhibitors, surfactant, etc etc. that you need.

I assume you're running soft tubes. Generally they stain easily and as such, want to replace the tubes. Primoflex tubes come with additives; wouldn’t need anything else other than distilled water unless you had aluminum parts. Nickel tho will flake making the water cloudy over time (usually a long time).

I assume you're running soft tubes. Generally they stain easily and as such, want to replace the tubes. Primoflex tubes come with additives; wouldn’t need anything else other than distilled water unless you had aluminum parts. Nickel tho will flake making the water cloudy over time (usually a long time).

I should have clarified, I am running PETG. I picked up Primochill Liquid Utopia before finding out Mayhems has Biocide+ which works with PETG

Ended up going with Primochill Liquid Utopia....haven't put in yet, running system for a few days to check for leaks, then flush and refill with distilled/ biocide

I run straight distilled with appropriate amount of ptn nuke added. Been doing it this way for years with zero problems and great results. I've tried Primochill Utopia once, came with the tubing and decided why not try it. Didn't have any problems for over a year but when it came down to rebuild I did notice a small amount of white build up in my blocks. Not sure if it was caused by the Utopia or not but it's the only time I've seen this kind of build up.

Copper Sulfate

It's what's in blue PT Nuke. You can buy a few lifetimes supply of the stuff on Amazon for a couple bucks and mix it yourself. It doesn't take much.

I've run it for 4+ years at a time and had the water come out totally clear with no strange buildups or weirdness in my loops. I didn't have as much luck with silver, seems like stuff can take hold in the loop before the concentration of silver ions reaches lethal levels.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
No, he, I think, was implying that changing colors with Primochill is easy, plus it comes with a bottle of biocide. I think.... I'd have to look at the ones I purchased again.
Maybe. He would have to clarify. That was my first thought with his answer.

I run distilled water and silver coil. On some systems I run Swiftechs glycol. But it's easier to keep it simple.
Is that swiftech glycol the one you can buy at microcenter? I used that stuff in rwice and both times had pump failure at 1 and 6 months. Both were ek d5 pumps. I just used distilled water and biocide the 3rd time and it been running over a year with out issue.

This stuff.
https://www.microcenter.com/product/391838/swiftech-hydrx-corrosion-and-algae-inhibitor-2-oz---green

Yup, I bought a Swiftech kit back in 2008ish? It included the rad, block, pump and all. About once a year I purge the system and put new fluid back in. That pump is still going to this day.

could go with premixed clear coolant. other also recommend anti-corrosion + biocide.

Back