I'm not buying AMD anymore.

As desribed above the big problem with DC is the audio!! When i hadnt messed with the default settings and still had my onboard sound the game would lag bad, once i enabled hardware accelration and set it to 22khz it ran fine. Now i got a soundcard and turned the sound to 44khz and left hardware acceleration on and all is good.

Originally posted by .ReCo!L
Grizzle, Ive just bought BF1942 few days ago and installed DC .6 (now its .7). here are my specs:
P4 1.8

That's your problem right there. That's most likely a williamete. There's shit and than there's shit, the williamete is both wraped up in a Dell.

Also I see alot of people here who somehow think they are high and mighty for 'getting a good deal' or 'not spending too much money' [which is complete bullshit, the Northwoods and the 64s are priced rather closely and neither is a clear and absolute winner]. Call me stuck in the dark ages, but I figure people who have money to burn are better off than people who make fun of people who have money to burn. To top it off I really don't see why it's anyone elses concern how much money I [for example] spend on a computer system. It's my money to burn, not yours, when I'm looking for a secretary/accountant/head I'll call the lot of you though. :rolleyes:

actually my p4 1.8 is a northwood :) clicky
and its not a dell, i custom made it myself a year and few months ago.
BTW how much do these used p4 1.8 northwoods sell for? cause im gonna be upgrading my rig this coming weekend or so. So i might sell this on here or on ebay

Originally posted by Vagrant Zero
That's your problem right there. That's most likely a williamete. There's shit and than there's shit, the williamete is both wraped up in a Dell.

Also I see alot of people here who somehow think they are high and mighty for 'getting a good deal' or 'not spending too much money' [which is complete bullshit, the Northwoods and the 64s are priced rather closely and neither is a clear and absolute winner]. Call me stuck in the dark ages, but I figure people who have money to burn are better off than people who make fun of people who have money to burn. To top it off I really don't see why it's anyone elses concern how much money I [for example] spend on a computer system. It's my money to burn, not yours, when I'm looking for a secretary/accountant/head I'll call the lot of you though. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Grizzle
Please explain how this could be "User"

I'm lost.

whats the problem, the game no ones ever heard of doesnt run, or it doesnt run well enough for you, in which case youd be even more fucked with intel, as any system that cost as much as that by intel/nvidia would be completly underpowered.

i think you can blame no one but YOURSELF for buying on a budget and then not being able to play some game

if the problem is the thing just plain doesnt run, then youre an idiot for blaming the hardware.

well.... i know for a fact is not the amd system... i was running bf1492 on a xp 1700+ that i had to under clock to keep from locking up (the heat sink lapping fixed this thow... but it was a few months befor i got around to it) on top of that i was running it on a gf2mx200 32 pci witch is still in this rig and i use to run my seconed moniter... with my ti4200 i can run evry thing at the max res (1280x1024) or the highest pertty stuff... bgut not both... so finding middle ground is a must there... point is... its not the hardware its mort likely the soft ware or a carbon based error...

thore

Originally posted by DocFaustus
Yea, you probably should not own an AMD chip. Matter of fact, you might want to stay away from DIY systems all together.

Get yourself a Dell.

Umm, Right. NO!

Originally posted by Grizzle
Well exactly how would you say this is user error?

Although, what I find odd...This system plays COD just fine?

This should be a big clue for you right here with your own observations. If the problem was with the platform/system being incapable of handling a game like BF1942, then it would also be incapable of running an even newer, more complex game like COD. The fact that you run COD fine should tell you the problem is not that the hardware cannot run the game, but that there's something specific about BF1942/DC creating your issues.
If I were you I would ask some advice about BF1942 specifically and find out about any tricks or tweaks that can discover why your having some kind of a bottleneck with that particular game.

Originally posted by .ReCo!L
Grizzle, Ive just bought BF1942 few days ago and installed DC .6 (now its .7). here are my specs:

ATI 9800pro 128
MSI 6533 (4x mobo)
512 DDR 2700 infineon ram
P4 1.8
Onboard audio
WinXP Pro

after I tryed running bf1942 or dc it would be really fricken laggy no matter if the resolution was at 800x600:16 so ive spent around 10 mins on the options menu of bf1942 and saw that audio was at 44hz or something like it which was the highest quality audio, so i thought that it was too high for my onboard audio, so i lowered it down to 22hz and tried again. BAM that was my problem, now I can run my high resolution and does not lag at all. So try lowering the audio quality on the options menu of bf1942 or DC.
Did you try this?

Tried Everything you guys said BUT the tweak guide, I'm gonna check that out now.

Make sure all your bios stuff is set to the right settings. It could be set at the default bus speed for that cpu instead of the 166 that it should be.

Originally posted by lukeh182
btw: if you think intel is gonna get you anywhere, good luck! :D

Actually, for a while the Pentium IV 1.6A (overclocked of course) was a little better price performance wise than AMD was at the time. And, generally, I've had less stability problems & incompatibilities with Intel based systems.

I've usually also had better luck with the RETAIL packaged CPUs (particularly if it's AMD) than OEM ones. I think the longer warranty encourages the companies to put higher "bin" products in retail boxes and sell the lower "bin" products as OEM.

I've had a wide assortment of AMD systems with cheap CPUs & cheap motherboards and ended up with all kinds of hardware problems. All the while my (retail) Intel Pentium III system on an Intel MB never crashed once for YEARS of use, then I passed the system on to a friend and it never crashed for the couple years he had it also. But he often had problems with his AMD systems.

I would not say "don't buy AMD", but I would say buy the retail packaged CPU and buy a GOOD quality motherboard from a respected brand like ASUS or Gigabyte, Tyan, maybe a few others. Maybe Abit makes a few good boards, but I've seen plenty of crap Abit boards too.

I bet you my 2600+ clocked at 2200+ would own that game in a moment :D (stupid soyo KT"333" board.. pfft.)

~Adam

PS gf 2 gts pwned you.

i bet if YOU went with intel YOU would still have the same problems

i thought i was having the same problems but i double checked my vid drivers, and they weren't right, uninstalled them, updated them, game works awesome now.

Back