I'm looking for a big keyboard for my grandpa

Gorilla

Supreme [H]ardness
So my mom and my aunts somehow got the idea that they should get a second computer for my grandparents. They already have a P4 rig that I threw together for them, and it works just fine (every problem that they have is user related, and they know it, but my mom and aunts won't accept that). So long story short, we're getting my grandpa his own computer so that he can email to his hearts delight, partake in the glory of facebook, and follow them on twitter (he won't do any of it), and they want to get him a big keyboard with big keys. Something along the lines of those giant tv remotes that woot is always selling.

Any suggestions? I did some searching, but there is no way in hell that I'm going to let them pay $100-150 for a keyboard with big buttons. There has to be a better and cheaper option out there.

Would it be possible to get a keyboard that you roll out onto the floor and then use your feet to step on the buttons?

Something like this:
the-big-piano.jpg

Anyone ever see Gran Torino? When Clint Eastwood's son comes over with his wife for his birthday, and they're giving him a gopher, and a phone with huge keys.. Yeah..

If it's your Grandpa then get him an old IMB keyboard. They have the best feel out there and he probably isn't going to use hot-keys or macros that the new keyboards have.

Back