I'm in love with a new kind of mouse!

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
Ok, get yer minds outta the gutter :)

So, I am impossible to please when it comes to mice. I always find something to complain about. I have a mouse drawer like some have Holster drawers LOL

Amazon had this one on special last week for $15:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Wirele...id=1495735211&sr=8-3&keywords=ergonomic+mouse

41Om34WLxyL.jpg

It's a goofy looking thing, and I suspected I would hate it but I've never seen anything like it so, wth. For $15 I'll try it.

It. Is. AWESOME!

Speaking strictly of the ergonomics, it is SO comfortable!

Another way it helps me is I suffer from finger-dropsies. My fingers just drop for no reason sometimes, and I end up issuing right-clicks all the damn time that I don't want.

Because of the slant, this has completely eliminated that.

And the clickers are sure and true. Slightly stiff, which is good for me. Even Logitech's most expensive mouse has SHIT for clickers.

Is it perfect? No. It has the guts of a $15 mouse. It's meh 2.4ghz wireless. It only goes up to 1600 DPI.

But it has given me something to hunt for now. A mouse designed like this with the guts of a high end mouse.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My wrists are all screwed up, I use an Evoluent now and it's great. This actually looks even more comfortable with and I think I paid $50 for my mouse.

Gaming had a steep learning curve but now it's a non jsdhem

Reactions: jtm55
like this
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You would think it would cause your shoulder to be less inwards as opposed to a regular mouse.
I don't think it would go over big with the Overclock.net mouse crowd :confused::confused::bear:

Vertical mice have been around for awhile. I have used the Evoluent one in the past. I like the design of the Anker and the Shark though. Here is a few on the market: https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-vertical-mice.

The Posturite Wired Penguin also seems interesting. Kinesis has a pretty solid record of making some of the best ergonomic devices on the market. But they also are some of the more expensive ones.

Just wanted to add that the Evoluent wireless isn't great. The batteries make it heavy and the shape makes it hard to grip when you run out of pad. It is a huge pain in the ass. The wired version has no issues with this.

I am using the same Anker vertical you have.

I started with the wired version of Anker vertical mouse. It lasted about 3 1/2 years till the mouse scroll stopped working but that was a good investment. I am now using the wireless version.

Just ordered, I'll give one of these a try. Thanks OP. Got some funky tennis elbow going on.

Evoulent is best and there's not a big difference between generations and the older generations are cheap on eBay.

Add a vertical keyboard to taste. I am currently using the Matias Ergo Pro set to vertical on its own, others used table tripods and camera clamp mounts. You see, the palmrests are afixed with three standard 1/4"-20 screws and so everything that can hold cameras can hold the keyboard halves :)

Last edited:
I'm going to have to recommend this to a friend with chronic wrist instability. Thanks for the showing us this!

Vertical mice have been around for awhile. I have used the Evoluent one in the past. I like the design of the Anker and the Shark though. Here is a few on the market: https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-vertical-mice.

The Posturite Wired Penguin also seems interesting. Kinesis has a pretty solid record of making some of the best ergonomic devices on the market. But they also are some of the more expensive ones.
We have a few of those Penguin mice in our workplace. The users who have them swear by them.

Are there any of these with higher DPI? I use a 3440x1440 monitor at work and a 1600DPI mouse with that sounds abysmal, would prefer maybe twice that.

It does look like this would be better for the natural resting position of your hand. Never knew these were a thing, but I definitely have to try one now.

Back