11/13 – Beowulf
11/13 – Crysis
11/13 – Solder of Fortune:payback
11/19 – Unreal Tournament III

December

12/31 – Alan Wake

January

01/01 – Devil May Cry 4

Dates taken from EB, so take 1/2 of em with a grain of salt.

Will the HL2-Orange Box be out for the PC also or is that PS3-XBOX-360 only and Black Box for PC ?

Will the HL2-Orange Box be out for the PC also or is that PS3-XBOX-360 only and Black Box for PC ?

Orange Box will be for PC/360/PS3. There's no Black Box, PC buyers must either buy whatever they want on Steam or get the Orange Box retail.

edit: and last I heard, it's on the 9th, not the 2nd. I may be wrong, though. I hope I am.

I see Soldier of Fortune: Payback and Painkiller: Overdose schedule

But nothing from those games is even known <.<

I'm pretty sure the "black box" will still be available on PC - not at retail of course (which got canceled a while back), but there will almost certainly be a discounted "package" deal available for download on Steam (w/ Ep. 2, TF2 and Portal, probably (hopefully) for something like $40).

Meh. I bet most games will turn out to be crap. Orange box looks to be the only thing that remotely grabs my attention.

How much for you *Ahem* services?

I am going to create a FS post in the proper forum and see how long it lasts before it get's locked. :D

For Sale: Ass

SWM, average build, seeks $15 in exchange for an oil change. Paypal accepted, buyer must split fees. One time use. If you purchase more then three I will toss in a surprise gift (ie, hand, mouth, etc).

Must have solid heatware references as I am not willing to ship first.

:D

Is GoW going to be another stupid DX10/Vista only game?? If so, that is going to piss me off. I made a point not to play that game on my friends' 360 in anticipation of the PC goodness.

I hope they offer Ep 1 and 2 for like $20, any more than that and Ill be irritated.

Im slowly starting to purchase games I want to play and trying the demos out first. Crysis, ET: QW, and UT3 are the ones Im looking for the most.

Hah, this is the first time I heard of Painkiller Overdose and F.E.A.R. PM.

Is GoW going to be another stupid DX10/Vista only game?? If so, that is going to piss me off. I made a point not to play that game on my friends' 360 in anticipation of the PC goodness.

Epic isn't retarded, it's DX 9 and XP ;)

There is also zero reason why anyone needs that retarded Xbox Live Gold on the PC as well to play it online - MS has done a shitty job trying to convince PC gamers to shell out the money for that.

That list in the OP is even missing games, such as World in Conflict, Universe at War, the NWN 2 expansion, the HOMM V expansion, the Company of Heroes expansion, the Supreme Commander expansion, the Age of Empires 3 expansion, Empire Earth 3, SimCity Societies...

Shit, I may need a third job at this rate :(

The hits keep on rolling into 2008 as well with the C&C 3 expansion, Spore, Left 4 Dead, Warhammer Online, Stalker: Clear Sky, Age of Conan, Fallout 3... phew. And people say PC gaming is dead ;)

Will the HL2 Orange Box have Counter Strike in it ? From what I've read online I don't think CSS is in it, but does anyone here know for shure ?

Will the HL2 Orange Box have Counter Strike in it ? From what I've read online I don't think CSS is in it, but does anyone here know for shure ?
No, it's HL2, HL2:ep1, HL2:ep2, Portal, and TF2. CS:S is only $20 on steam though, and you might be able to find it cheaper at e-tailers if you really want it.

September

09/24 &#8211; Hour of Victory (Don't bother with this game. Read the terrible reviews. lol)

October

10/15 &#8211; Painkiller: Overdose
10/23 &#8211; F.E.A.R. : PM
10/30 &#8211; Hellgate London
10/30 &#8211; Need for Speed:prostreet
10/30 &#8211; Timeshift

November

11/01 &#8211; Gears of War[/COLOR]
11/05 &#8211; Blacksite:Area 51
11/13 &#8211; Beowulf
11/13 &#8211; Solder of Fortune:payback

December

12/31 &#8211; Alan Wake

January

01/01 &#8211; Devil May Cry 4

Dates taken from EB, so take 1/2 of em with a grain of salt.

I went all over the internet, but can't find any media about Soldier of Fortune Payback. Not even a concept drawing, screenshot, bit of dialog. lol. Nothing. I doubt it'll come out on 11/13 unless they have been very good at hiding everything from us.

I see Soldier of Fortune: Payback and Painkiller: Overdose schedule

But nothing from those games is even known <.<

Last I heard, Soldier of Fortune: Payback was being developed (read: skullfucked) as a budget title. I'm scared.

Another Painkiller is interesting, but I really have to ask why? The concept is sound, but they'd really need to make one hell of a technological leap (think hundreds of enemies on screen at once) before I'd want to play again.

Well your budget certainly isn't going to last if you buy basically any game out there. Half of those games don't look that good at all, let alone buyable. Learn to rent or borrow.

Well your budget certainly isn't going to last if you buy basically any game out there. Half of those games don't look that good at all, let alone buyable. Learn to rent or borrow.

I'm pretty sure since this was posted in the PC Gaming thread, that it would be impossible to rent a PC game, let alone borrow one with all this new-fangled authentication rapeage going on.

Last I heard, Soldier of Fortune: Payback was being developed (read: skullfucked) as a budget title. I'm scared.

Omg... if it's a budget title, then could this really be a in-game screenshot then for it?
http://videogamecentral.com/blog-mt3/pics/sof2.jpg

I searched for it on Google this morning, and I get the above screen, but as soon as I saw it I said," No, that can't be it," and I moved along.

Source: http://videogamecentral.com/blog3/2007/06/soldier_of_fortune_3_gearing_u.html
According to the source above, Activision's making it. But I hope to god the above screen is not what it's going to be.

Omg... if it's a budget title, then could this really be a in-game screenshot then for it?

I searched for it on Google this morning, and I get the above screen, but as soon as I saw it I said," No, that can't be it," and I moved along.

Source: http://videogamecentral.com/blog3/2007/06/soldier_of_fortune_3_gearing_u.html
According to the source above, Activision's making it. But I hope to god the above screen is not what it's going to be.

It will be released under the Activision Value label. Three months to release and absolutely NO media or info has been released about it. No hype for a sequel to what has been a pretty good series. Why? Because they are busy skullfucking the franchise.

Seeing as its being mass released on consoles and PC, it will definitely be prettier than that screenshot. I believe that is from SoF2 but running at ungodly low detail.

It will be released under the Activision Value label. Three months to release and absolutely NO media or info has been released about it. No hype for a sequel to what has been a pretty good series. Why? Because they are busy skullfucking the franchise.

Seeing as its being mass released on consoles and PC, it will definitely be prettier than that screenshot. I believe that is from SoF2 but running at ungodly low detail.

I hope so. B/c I remember playing SOF2, and I don't remember that area.

Another Painkiller is interesting, but I really have to ask why? The concept is sound, but they'd really need to make one hell of a technological leap (think hundreds of enemies on screen at once) before I'd want to play again.

Well with high performance dual and quad cores flooding the market, I don't see that being a problem :)

Haha!

No.

That's soldier of fortune 2, with the graphics cranked down, that's one of the more common multiplayer maps, a small hint here is the picture is called sof2.jpg ;)

Painkiller is going to be using the same engine as the first two. Ugh. :(

I thought the painkiller was great. The graphics still look great, and the physics engine was amazing. Not to mention the solid FPS you get while playing through anything on highest settings. I always wondered why more games never used the engine.

I thought the painkiller was great. The graphics still look great, and the physics engine was amazing. Not to mention the solid FPS you get while playing through anything on highest settings. I always wondered why more games never used the engine.

Painkiller was great, but People Can Fly aren't doing the sequel, so I highly doubt the new Painkiller will capture anything that made the first one good.

I will be really surprised if the new one is any good - more than likely, it will be garbage.

I'll just get Gears of War, that PCF is porting to the PC, and keep an eye out for the PCF / Epic collaboration FPS.

Sometimes I wonder why console games cost $10 more that their PC versions when the PC is technically better.
Anyway, Crysis and GoW for me :)

Painkiller: Overdose is simply awful. Graphics are straight out of the 1990s.

Jericho becomes very linear fast and the objectives are repetitive.

Looking forward to Crysis.

Back