im getting ready to order a pump and have some questions

flat4

[H]ard|Gawd
im about to order a pump in the next few days. and i was looking at this pump and i noticed the fittings are 1/2 and my set up is 3/8. so what can i do to make it work?

also i was looking at this pump and i was wondering where can i find it in the us. and is there a difference in these 2 pumps. they looks the same

You could heat the tubing and just stretch it over the 1/2" fittings and then use some clamps, that is what I did.

those 2 pumps are exactly the same.. and yes.. stretch th 3/8's tubing over it. it'll work. i did the same on mine also.

Why not get the newer MCP650? Also, Swiftech sells the adapter kit for 3/8". If you simply buy an adapter, don't forget you'll need a little bit of 1/2" as well.

im also looking at pumps... i have a pond pump that flows 1000 gph, with 1/2" tubing. would that be sufficent for a water cooling setup? or would i need a new pump?

woah...1000 GPH!!! that's crazy......my (soon-to-be :p) via aqua 1300 does only 375 GPH...do u mean 100 GPH? if it really is 1000, then ur more than fine, you might ever get too much flow.

no its most deff 1000, its ment for filtering large outdoor ponds. but its very quiet, i have it hooked up inside a bucket im my room. it looks like a lot of water, but i just thought id dobule check

i dont really like the way adapters look. ive seen a few systems on the H and to me they dont look very good. ill try heating up the tubing and if that doesnt work i mite have to go with a adapter.

I got 3/8" tygon over the 1/2" fitting on my dangerden pump without heating, although it took a bit of muscle. :p

stretch the tubing over the larger fitting - that way the inner diameter of the fitting will be the same as the ID of your tubing and it will not restrict flow...that has a nice tao/zen/feng shui kinda feel to it.

note on 1000gph pump - it'll likely work for H2O - mine moves 1140gph. :D

umm...are you ever going to need 1400GPH??!?!?!?!?!?! I mean, you shouldn't need more than like 400GPH, so 1000 is just overkill....

guys, dont forget it's not only about the gph but also how high the head is. head i think is the force it pushes when it hits resistance. In any WCing loop, there is going to be resistance somewhere.. most pond pumps just circulate water and dump in and open area with encountering any resistance... however, when you WC, going to your cpu block or gpu block or whatever, there will be increase resistance.

Back