I'm conflicted... Xbox One instead of PS4?

Has the Xbox One reversals since E3 change your mind about the Xbox One?

• Yes

Votes: 41 19.7%
  • No (explain)

Votes: 167 80.3%

• Total voters
The PS4 is going to spank the Xbox's ass, period. If the PS3 vs Xbox 360 didn't teach you anything and you still buy the Xbox One over the PS4, you're a special kind of stupid.

Sony got its ass handed to them over the PS3 for about the first 5 years in sales. Multi console games generally played worse on the PS3 over the Xbox 360. And, again, Sony has been making claims about their console being the best for the last several generations.

If you ask me, trusting Sony is pretty stupid too.

Sony got its ass handed to them over the PS3 for about the first 5 years in sales. Multi console games generally played worse on the PS3 over the Xbox 360. And, again, Sony has been making claims about their console being the best for the last several generations.

It's been 50/50 on multi console games. Lens of Truth if you need source.

World Wide sales are fine. Anyways, who goes by sales alone? All you eat is Big Macs and listen to Justin Bieber? Because you know they have amazing sales!

I just have a dumb question.

Does Sony have a pay service like XBL for the PS?
I haven't considered a console in a long time.
I rarely use my old Xbox 360, I can't remember the last time I gamed on it. It's generally used as a media extender.

I have to admit some PS4 titles look interesting, but so far not enough to buy either console.

I just have a dumb question.

Does Sony have a pay service like XBL for the PS?
I haven't considered a console in a long time.
I rarely use my old Xbox 360, I can't remember the last time I gamed on it. It's generally used as a media extender.

I have to admit some PS4 titles look interesting, but so far not enough to buy either console.

Current gen, PS has free online. PS4 will have you pay for multiplayer only. Meaning you can still use Netflix, Hulu and other apps unlike XB1/360 where everything is behind a paywall.

Some great exclusives on PS3 now.

It's been 50/50 on multi console games. Lens of Truth if you need source.

World Wide sales are fine. Anyways, who goes by sales alone? All you eat is Big Macs and listen to Justin Bieber? Because you know they have amazing sales!

Buying a game, or much worse, playing a game based solely on how "popular" it is doesn't work for any genre of game at all, and if that's the basis most people are going by (horrifyingly, I've got a few friends that only play WoW and won't try other MMO's because they're "not as popular") to purchase a game, then there's a big problem...can't stand that shit.

Also, who eats Big Mac's anymore anyway? :p

I'm not talking about sales...I'm talking about performance.

Already on paper the PS4 walks all over the Xbox One, but what really confirmed it was a buddy who was involved pretty heavily with setting up both the Xbox One and PS4 demos. He said he was very disappointed at the Xbox and it's hardware, and the PS4 simply blew him away.

Sounds like GTAV is better on PS3 :p

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-grand-theft-auto-5-face-off

However, it's apparent that the PS3 version has an undeniable advantage in one area: even to the naked eye, ground textures on 360 are blurred as a result of what appears to be unoptimised asset streaming. Glitch or not, this basically amounts to concrete and grass textures appearing fuzzier beneath the feet of Trevor, Michael or Franklin, while the PS3 version's remain crystal clear. The 360 does command a minor advantage in frame-rate during synchronised play, but for shoot-outs and high-speed hurtles down the city streets, the PS3 can sometimes pull ahead in these metrics - though the difference is rarely perceptible either way. Since all else is identical across the board, the PS3 version is recommended on the grounds of image quality if you have the option.

Also this does if give me patience for a next gen version of the game.

Some people on PS3 forums are complaining the game runs like total crap when streaming textures on their HDD. Some were able to fix it (allegedly) by using the "Repair File System" option from the diagnostics menu to defrag the disc.

Mine has been running great since install, and I launched it immediately after it finished. But, a defrag every once in a while doesn't hurt...they should know that already. And why are they calling it "fix"? It's file optimization.

Mine has been running great since install, and I launched it immediately after it finished. But, a defrag every once in a while doesn't hurt...they should know that already. And why are they calling it "fix"? It's file optimization.

If it is required to make certain games run correctly, it should happen automatically or be available from the regular XMB. Most people aren't aware of it.

One basic example we were given suggested that without optimisation for either console, a platform-agnostic development build can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it’ll run at “20-something” FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One. “Xbox One is weaker and it’s a pain to use its ESRAM,” concluded one developer.
-- http://www.edge-online.com/news/pow...erences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

So that's a 1.44x advantage in resolution with a 1.5x advantage in frame rate. 1.44 x 1.5 = 2.16 so when it comes to graphics the PS4 is twice as powerful as the Xbone.

Game Over.

The only right answer is get both, then you can't lose . When did which console wins become a competition, onlygamers win no matter which console sells more, they are essentialy the same.

The only right answer is get both, then you can't lose . When did which console wins become a competition, onlygamers win no matter which console sells more, they are essentialy the same.

I'm just going to wait to see which one has the games I want. Console launches have been really sucky lately.

worldwide_totals.png

Whoa ... put on the brakes buddy.

The PS3 did not sell as well as 360 the first few years, due to price right? -Xbox One is more expensive.
The multi console games generally played worse on PS3 over 360 due to a wonky development platform, right? -Xbox One requires additional programming to be done due to ESRAM swapping to slow DDR3.
Sony makes claims about their platform being the most powerful -like Microsoft is doing with their 200GB/s+ ESRAM claim?

Sounds like XBOX One is going down the same path that PS3 was on.

Putting it in your words, trusting Microsoft, if you ask me, sounds pretty stupid.

or get neither and game on pc! sorry, trolling. :/ im not a big console gamer an i can tell you right now the only one i am even considering buying is the ps4. i am not paying more for kinect, which is something i very much dont want. and i am not paying to access netflix and hulu. and i am not paying more for the slower console. ms really fucked this one up for me, but i doubt they care as i am not their target demo.

I'm just going to wait to see which one has the games I want. Console launches have been really sucky lately.

yeah all those consoles that have launched lately? :p i dont think wii u sucks, it just is a kids toy instead of a serious home entertainment/gaming device. and, of course, it had (has?) a shitty library of games. other than that we havent had a launch in like 7 years.

The Wii U's library is crap compared to the 360, PS3, and Wii. It also costs more than the 360 or PS3. Funny thing is once the PS4 & XBone launch it'll be the cheapest console that isn't "old" and likely have the best game selection. Might help a bit?

Looking at Sony's finances I'd be a little nervous buying a PS4. First, they might just go *poof*. That would be rather sad, but it could happen if they can't stop bleeding money at a rate of billions of dollars per year. Someone will probably buy the gaming business (LG? Samsung?), but it'll be a long, drawn out mess involving a couple years of stagnation. Second, being strapped for cash could result in inferior system software, development tools, and developer support compared to what MS has for the XBone. The PS4 might be more powerful, but if MS kicks Sony's ass on software, dev tools, and dev support XBone games could well end up running better on average.

The PS4 might be more powerful, but if MS kicks Sony's ass on software, dev tools, and dev support XBone games could well end up running better on average.

At the moment, Sony has the better development tools alongside the better hardware, at the cheapest price.

edit to add:
as for games, i would only remind you of Naughty Dog & Sony Santa Monica, ohh and Guerrilla software.

I don't think hardware is going to really matter in the grand scheme of things. Its going to software and features.

Now that anyone wanting to play online is going to need to be PS+ member, I don't know how quick the player base for sony is going to adopt it right away.

One that could be a game changer early if successful is Titanfall. I can see a Titanfall xbox one bundle with or without kinect doing well.

Microsoft has had a terrible time everywhere other than North America, so that is not really a surprise. If Sony pulls the numbers Microsoft did in NA and the sales numbers there are reversed I have no doubt that the future will look bleak for them.

I don't see that happening even with that poll thanks to Football and the brand name but still, Considering the sales numbers with a year head start, RROD, and 200 dollar price difference for years it's remarkable they did as well as they did.

Back