I'm conflicted... Xbox One instead of PS4?

Has the Xbox One reversals since E3 change your mind about the Xbox One?

• Yes

Votes: 41 19.7%
  • No (explain)

Votes: 167 80.3%

• Total voters
PS4, I see myself owning that first, and the first thing i would do is remove what ever drive was in there and switch it with a Samsung Pro 256GB. Hopefully by then those drives are sub $149.99.

X1 only for FM5, just like x360 was for FM4

So when the xbone was announced i saw a disaster. When they announced the reversal i felt that microsoft could just as easily reverse that and put it all back.

For me the decision was easy an xbox one. I've put way more time into my 360 then PS3 so I've been vested in the xbox live ecosystem. So to continue to use a microsoft platform was an easy decision for me..

This makes sense to me. However, it makes less sense and less of a justification when you think about how you can't play any 360 game or Xbox Live Arcade game for it you've already purchased. The only thing you are transferring is your gamerscore/profile which isn't a godd enough justification to get the One imo.

I like the One now more than before myself, but I would look into the PS4 if I were you anyway. The PS3 has already so many great exclusive titles that they're hard to ignore. Not to mention the insane amount of new IPs that are coming exclusively to PS4 that they demoed at E3. Looks very exciting to me. The only cool games the One showed off at E3 (that were notable to me) were Titanfall (which is coming to PC anyway), and Dead Rising 3... which is a sequel to a sequel.

PS4, I see myself owning that first, and the first thing i would do is remove what ever drive was in there and switch it with a Samsung Pro 256GB. Hopefully by then those drives are sub $149.99.

X1 only for FM5, just like x360 was for FM4

Personally I'm gonna slap in 2 or 3tb hdd instead
256gb seems way too small for next Gen

With the amount of RAM the PS4 will have and the industry going more towards all digital, It makes more sense to "upgrade" the drive to a larger mechanical drive, IMO.

Then wtf games do you like. You just eliminated racing sims, platformers, fps, and action/adventure. That leaves like Mary Kate and Ashley games.:confused:

I don't care for Racing Sims or Beat 'em Ups. I enjoy FPS games but think Halo is really damn overrated. I like some action/adventure games, but I don't have to take an interest in all of them, holy shit. I love RPGs, strategy games, adventure games, 4X games, Sim games, and I don't mind 3D platformers, but I don't get attached to all of them.

1. I don't believe in the concept of paying twice to access subscribed content (ie:Netflix)
2. Most triple aaa titles end up on the PC. I already have a HDMI balun connected to my home theater more then 50 ft away.

Forza Motorsport 5 will require a one-off connection :rolleyes:

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/17/4530808/forza-motorsport-5-will-require-a-one-off-connection

Xbox One launch title Forza Motorsport 5 will require a one-off connection to Xbox Live in order to play it, Turn 10 Studios head Dan Greenawalt told IGN.

"So when you first boot up the game, we're going to ask you to log in," he told IGN. "And when you log in you're going to get the Drivatars and you're also going to get a whole bunch of content: tracks and cars. Our production schedule is such that we are putting them in as late as possible and that means making them free as downloadable content on Day One.

it's amazing now many of you flipped as soon as MS said they were changing their policy..... MS is not to be trusted as they have a very strong recent history of doing what they want and can to make a buck even if their consumers don't want it.

it's amazing now many of you flipped as soon as MS said they were changing their policy..... MS is not to be trusted as they have a very strong recent history of doing what they want and can to make a buck even if their consumers don't want it.

Eh I wouldn't be so quick to say that. While I am sure some people will now buy the console, if [H] is any indication not many people have been swayed yet. Compare the poll in the link with this poll and it's not all that many.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1766840

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1762972

Eh I wouldn't be so quick to say that. While I am sure some people will now buy the console, if [H] is any indication not many people have been swayed yet. Compare the poll in the link with this poll and it's not all that many.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1766840

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1762972

Yeah, but people sometimes have short memory. Microsoft is going to pay for the DRM B.S. when the Xbox One comes out, but it probably won't be quite as big of an effect as you would imagine.

Isn't that what a lot of companies do now? I don't know, the quote is kinda contradicting themselves, saying that when you first play you'll be asked to login so you can download some free content, but doesn't quite say it's "required".

The whole article is very clear it is required. You MUST log in once to play the game. After that one time you’re good. It stinks for my buddy who just got deployed.

The whole article is very clear it is required. You MUST log in once to play the game. After that one time you’re good. It stinks for my buddy who just got deployed.

How was he going to do the initial Xbox One setup?

While I appreciate everyone's sentiments here, we are not the majority, or who is being catered to. All the little Timmys of the world will get their Mommies to buy teh shinies at Walmart. We are the fringe market they really don't care all that much about.

While I appreciate everyone's sentiments here, we are not the majority, or who is being catered to. All the little Timmys of the world will get their Mommies to buy teh shinies at Walmart. We are the fringe market they really don't care all that much about.

The majority will buy the cheapest option.

There is an initial setup? :confused: Guess he's Xboned either way.

I guess it could change either way but; http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-no-...onnection-microsoft-bows-fan-pressure-1315047

An Internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc-based game without ever connecting online again,” Microsoft president of interactive entertainment business Don Mattrick wrote on Wednesday.

Now, the Xbox One will only require an Internet connection during its initial setup right after purchase.

That's not even what it says. It said quite clearly that it ASKS the user to login. Chances are if you don't, you'll be missing the majority of the content and the game would likely be only somewhat bigger than the demo.

That's not even what it says. It said quite clearly that it ASKS the user to login. Chances are if you don't, you'll be missing the majority of the content and the game would likely be only somewhat bigger than the demo.

Yeah because you NEED that content to play the game at all. Once you have it good. I understood it fine.

Yeah because you NEED that content to play the game at all. Once you have it good. I understood it fine.

It doesn't say that at all. It says that they are working on a lot of content that they won't be able to include on the game disc on time, and will therefore make it available for free when they login. Do you see them specifically state that the game will not work at all without that content? Please quote it for me.

It doesn't say that at all. It says that they are working on a lot of content that they won't be able to include on the game disc on time, and will therefore make it available for free when they login. Do you see them specifically state that the game will not work at all without that content? Please quote it for me.

Wont any game that you purchase need to be connected to the internet once to activate and tie to your account? DRM is still thier is it not? I dont think it has anything to do with the free update

Wont any game that you purchase need to be connected to the internet once to activate and tie to your account? DRM is still thier is it not? I dont think it has anything to do with the free update

You need to activate the console once, from then on you can play newly purchased offline games without connecting to anything.

The developer, Turn 10 Studios head Dan Greenawalt, said it himself as you can see at the link.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/17/4530808/forza-motorsport-5-will-require-a-one-off-connection

I don't care for Racing Sims or Beat 'em Ups. I enjoy FPS games but think Halo is really damn overrated. I like some action/adventure games, but I don't have to take an interest in all of them, holy shit. I love RPGs, strategy games, adventure games, 4X games, Sim games, and I don't mind 3D platformers, but I don't get attached to all of them.

Then you'll want a PS4 or a PS3 considering it is the king of RPG's, strategy games, and I'd say adventure games along with 3d platformers. Neither the Xbox or the Nintendo holds a candle to the PS in those genres.

Then you'll want a PS4 or a PS3 considering it is the king of RPG's, strategy games, and I'd say adventure games along with 3d platformers. Neither the Xbox or the Nintendo holds a candle to the PS in those genres.

What RPGs? I only heard of a few Playstation specific RPGs released on it, Including Ni Nu Kuni (spelling? I got no idea), and a bunch of Tales of *insert thing here* games. They didn't really call out to me. I enjoyed the western RPGs a lot more, like Dragon Age Origins (I like to pretend Dragon Age 2 doesn't exist), Skyrim, Fallout and Baldur's Gate. I've felt Square Enix has had more flops recently than hits, and the best games they've made recently haven't even been Sony exclusives. Shit, if anything, the 3DS is becoming the real RPG powerhouse at this point, and the Wii had some pretty high profile ones when it was out, stuff like Xenoblade and The Last Story.

As for adventure and platformers, I've never liked any of the Sony platformer games. I've felt Super Mario Galaxy, while lacking somewhat in exploration, was a very big and well designed game. I also still prefer Legend of Zelda games (even if the last 2 felt kind of dissapointing) over the ones that Sony offers. Dissapointed or not, I felt compelled to play Skyward Sword to the end. When I've played the adventure games that Sony has, I stop playing and never thing twice about it. I can't even say that I hate them. I just don't think about them when I put the controller down.

What RPGs? I only heard of a few Playstation specific RPGs released on it, Including Ni Nu Kuni (spelling? I got no idea), and a bunch of Tales of *insert thing here* games. They didn't really call out to me. I enjoyed the western RPGs a lot more, like Dragon Age Origins (I like to pretend Dragon Age 2 doesn't exist), Skyrim, Fallout and Baldur's Gate. I've felt Square Enix has had more flops recently than hits, and the best games they've made recently haven't even been Sony exclusives. Shit, if anything, the 3DS is becoming the real RPG powerhouse at this point, and the Wii had some pretty high profile ones when it was out, stuff like Xenoblade and The Last Story.

As for adventure and platformers, I've never liked any of the Sony platformer games. I've felt Super Mario Galaxy, while lacking somewhat in exploration, was a very big and well designed game. I also still prefer Legend of Zelda games (even if the last 2 felt kind of dissapointing) over the ones that Sony offers. Dissapointed or not, I felt compelled to play Skyward Sword to the end. When I've played the adventure games that Sony has, I stop playing and never thing twice about it. I can't even say that I hate them. I just don't think about them when I put the controller down.

Yeah, hard to top 3DS and even PSP/Vita (for PS1 classics) as far as RPGs go. Have you tried Ratched and Clank Future trilogy? There are some of the best action and platform to be had in the genre.

Yeah, hard to top 3DS and even PSP/Vita (for PS1 classics) as far as RPGs go. Have you tried Ratched and Clank Future trilogy? There are some of the best action and platform to be had in the genre.

I'm not a fan of Ratchet and Clank. A friend of mine was always playing those games on the PS2 and kept bringing them over when he visited and kept trying to get me to play. I just... didn't like it. Nothing against it personally. I just wasn't interested.

This makes sense to me. However, it makes less sense and less of a justification when you think about how you can't play any 360 game or Xbox Live Arcade game for it you've already purchased. The only thing you are transferring is your gamerscore/profile which isn't a godd enough justification to get the One imo.

I like the One now more than before myself, but I would look into the PS4 if I were you anyway. The PS3 has already so many great exclusive titles that they're hard to ignore. Not to mention the insane amount of new IPs that are coming exclusively to PS4 that they demoed at E3. Looks very exciting to me. The only cool games the One showed off at E3 (that were notable to me) were Titanfall (which is coming to PC anyway), and Dead Rising 3... which is a sequel to a sequel.

Its not just profile the keep in mind theres still friends list and group of people you play games with as well. When the majority of the people you play with and interact is moving the same platform as well. Not being backwards compatible wasn't a big deal to me anyways, I've played all the games that interest me on the 360. Other then GTA V every new coming out that I want to play is going to the xbox one.

On top of that I like the IPs and controller more on the xbox. For me all the games that interest me on the PS4 are being released on the xbox one as well.

I'll most likely get a PS4 as well just not at launch.

Its not just profile the keep in mind theres still friends list and group of people you play games with as well. When the majority of the people you play with and interact is moving the same platform as well. Not being backwards compatible wasn't a big deal to me anyways, I've played all the games that interest me on the 360. Other then GTA V every new coming out that I want to play is going to the xbox one.

On top of that I like the IPs and controller more on the xbox. For me all the games that interest me on the PS4 are being released on the xbox one as well.

I'll most likely get a PS4 as well just not at launch.

What IPs? Halo and Gears? MS has been pushing me away over a year with almost nothing coming out for their system IMO.

From everything I've read about the PS4 controller, should really be a non-issue.

What IPs? Halo and Gears? MS has been pushing me away over a year with almost nothing coming out for their system IMO.

Perhaps it's because they moved a lot of their development teams over to the Xbox One. They're suppose to have 15 first party exclusives coming to the One, in the first year. On top of that, 8 of those 15 games are suppose to be new IPs.

Perhaps it's because they moved a lot of their development teams over to the Xbox One. They're suppose to have 15 first party exclusives coming to the One, in the first year. On top of that, 8 of those 15 games are suppose to be new IPs.

Yeah, it might not seem like it, but Sony is going to be wishing that they transferred production of Gran Tourismo 6 to the PS4 when they had the chance. They would likely have had to start a lot of work over from scratch, but at this point, it'll make the PS4 compete with the PS3, which might hurt more than it helps.

I'll wait till I see them. Half of them could be Kinect games which I'll be sure to pass.

Sony said 30 first party exclusives, 12 new IPS. Yet I don't trust them either. I'm in wait and see mode as far as next gen goes.

http://www.geek.com/games/expect-new-ps4-game-reveals-at-gamescom-in-august-1559887/

I'll wait till I see them. Half of them could be Kinect games which I'll be sure to pass.

Sony said 30 first party exclusives, 12 new IPS. Yet I don't trust them either. I'm in wait and see mode as far as next gen goes.

http://www.geek.com/games/expect-new-ps4-game-reveals-at-gamescom-in-august-1559887/

I've said it before, and I've said it again: Game companies will promise you the moon and the stars in the sky, because their competitor is promising the same thing. It's hard to tell what you'll get until it comes out. Right now with how I feel, the Wii U will probably be the last console I get at launch, because it just makes sense to wait for a decent backlog of games to come out and get them all at once instead of waiting and waiting and waiting.

I do enjoy my Wii U, and I did have some Wii games I wanted to check out on, but it feels like you're waiting too long for the development of the games you really want to come to a finish during the first year.

From everything I've read about the PS4 controller, should really be a non-issue.

Yes I do like those IPs. As far as the controller thats a personal preference of comfort nothing about the technology in it.

Back