I'm building a wheelchair robot yay Now Help me! please

umbra

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys I'm building a robot in school using a velleman k8055 controller board a power wheel chair and also I'm coding in c++. Now this is my first outing and I'm in a little over my head. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of places to look forprogramming robots or that would be particularly useful. also her name is alice (the robot)

First "outing" with programming, or electronics?

Servo magazine is good, as is Nuts and Volts. Circuit Cellar magazine is also very good.

What microcontroller are you using? What functionality do you intend to implement?

I'm using visual basic c++ and this is my first outing with programming. I have a lot of experience with electronics in general. I'm using a velleman k8055 controller and I am going to hook it into the wheelchair controller which is joystick based . I have all the parts I just need to start programming for it.

I guess I wasn't clear. The K8055 has no processor on it. Are you using a PC to control the K8055, or a microcontroller?

What sensors will you have?

What's your goal for the project?

oh sorry. We'll be using a wireless connection from a desktop to relay signals to the robot and control a laptop on the wheelchair through netmeeting and hooking the 8055 into the wheelchair to control it. eventually we want to add autonomonous function such as mobility using motion sensors and also eventually a web cam so we can see who the robot is interacting with and where it's going when it's out of sight.

we're also thinking about using the code that lego mindstorms is based off of as it is a simple form of java that you can do allot with.

Back