im back in the mix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the sig. Seems that the bandwagon right now is the Q6600..

From what I can tell they offer similar performance for around the same price.

I see the sig. Seems that the bandwagon right now is the Q6600..

From what I can tell they offer similar performance for around the same price.

did u happen to see my name? i will not purchase intel

again people look @ my name ALL4AMD

EDIT: will this help?

AMDPlate-1.jpg

That got to be the ugliest car I ever seen. What did you do? Wallpaper it? lol

The problem I am having now is that 9850BE black is 235 at the egg. the q6600 is 219 at the egg. The q6600 overclocks better and is faster per cycle to start with. Its hard to justify going amd right now. the only bright spot in the spider platform is the 790FX boards. I wish they made an intel version. AMD needs to drop that price to compete. 150 to 180 would be closer to where the chip should fall if you account for overclocking. I was actually thinking about using a X2 5000 black edition and hope that the next line of X4 were better.

The problem I am having now is that 9850BE black is 235 at the egg. the q6600 is 219 at the egg. The q6600 overclocks better and is faster per cycle to start with. Its hard to justify going amd right now. the only bright spot in the spider platform is the 790FX boards. I wish they made an intel version. AMD needs to drop that price to compete. 150 to 180 would be closer to where the chip should fall if you account for overclocking. I was actually thinking about using a X2 5000 black edition and hope that the next line of X4 were better.

after killing numerous parts i don't think ill overclock this anytime soon.

Hopefully this is a bad spell, what happened when you tried to overclock it?

i havent. i might give it a shot in a few days and burn in.

i killed my 2100 axp and i stopped any further ocing

and 4 years ago i killed a k6/s :p

I understand your point and I agree and disagree with you.

First I agree that the price of the 9850 be is too high, under $200 would be competitive. Prices drop on cpu's all the time but the price on this cpu has stayed steady in the last month or so.

Secondly I disagree with you in that I haven't seen any reports of anybody getting the Q6600 above 3.2 ghz on air. On average the OC is at 3ghz for the Q6600 and 9850be. I've seen benchmarks on several review sites that these two processors trade the lead back to back.

My bottom line is if AMD can drop the price on the Black Edition to under $200 a lot of scared people who didn't buy Phenom because of the TLB bug will come back. For current AMD board owners I see it a win if you want some performance to drop a 9850 be in your rig instead of a old Q6600 right now. With a new Intel platform coming in 6 months I might upgrade again.

What? The G0 version Q6600 has been clocked around 3.4ghz on air before. Numerous websites show 3.3-3.6Ghz depending on your luck. That's the main difference between Q6600 and 9850BE is getting to 3.0Ghz is easier with Q6600. If you're not getting to 3.3Ghz in Q6600 on air, then get a new one. Likewise, the 9850BE should be able to reach 3.0Ghz.

im going to lock my thread. this isn't a debate. if you want to talk about how great the q6600 is then take it to the intel subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back