I'm a new member ,, looking for help ,,

Buteman

n00b
Hello everyone,

I could be the oldest guy on this forum and I just don't have much in the way of computer savvy so I'm reaching out for some help.
My Grandson loves gaming especially what is called " first shooter " games and he's a huge fan of racing / flying simulators.
Last week I bought a new computer, a gaming computer, it's an Asus ROG Strix 12 CP DS751. this computer's OS is Windows 10. Please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong here, my understanding is that first I should download " Steam ".

It appears to me that the games my Grandson really enjoyed will not play on Windows 10, the games he played were Microsoft Flight Simulator, N.F.S. " The Run " and Painkiller " Heaven's Got a Hitman " ,,, I've explained to him that I just can't bring those games back for him.

Also I bought him a Logitech G29 steering wheel with the pedals, I'm hoping we can find a racing / car simulation game that might be similar to " The Run " ,,, he did suggest we just buy the disc ( e-bay ) but if it won't run with windows 10 what's the sense ,,, any advice / suggestions would be much appreciated ,,, thanks.

This is the link to install Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/about/

Keep in mind that it does require an account to log in with. The person using Steam would be the one to create the account after it is installed. He may also already have a Steam account.

Steam is used for buying games online and downloading the games. It is also used to activation product keys from games that you buy in a store to tie it with your Steam account to prove you own it so you can download it from there.

Back