Illuminated K800 80$ AR

KaizerDan

Gawd
This isnt a huge savings, but savings none the less. Newegg has this keyboard for 100$ with 15$ rebate and 5$ promo code LOGITECH1115. Also comes with free shipping. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126194

Brand
Logitech

Model
K800

Keyboard Interface
USB

Keyboard SPEC

Design Style
Slim

Palm Rest
Yes

Keyboard Color
Black

Type

Type
RF Wireless

Mouse Included

Mouse Included
No

Features

Features
Brightly backlit keys with illuminated characters for easy typing—even in the dark
PerfectStroke key system makes every keystroke more comfortable, fluid and quiet
No batteries needed—recharge quickly with the included universal micro-USB cable
Powerful 2.4 GHz wireless connection with one tiny Unifying receiver that stays in your computer
Works with Windows-based PCs

Debating if it is worth it for a medium gamer/htpc... kinda waiting on reviews from someone who actually games.

Last edited:
10 days battery life seems kind of short compared to other wireless devices. My Edge quotes 60 days battery life for instance. Just an observation. Once a week charging isn't unreasonable for a backlit KB.

Would like to try this, but don't think it will be able to replace my Wave, which is the only keyboard I can use atm.

I have the wired one and its sexy but I dont really like the "notebook key" feel

10 days on a standard wireless KB would be kinda poor, but considering it's illuminated... that really doesn't seem bad to me.
(???)

I'd bite, but just too pricey still.

Most wireless keyboards also aren't rechargable. Just plug it in and keep going. Not a big deal imo.

I will never ever understand the draw of a wireless keyboard for normal desktop usage. I haven't felt the cords on my regular Illuminated since I've bought it. And I get to keep the lights on all the time. :D

i personally move around a lot. i have a small itx build and take it from room to room and out to lan parties or just over to a friends to share files. So it really is something like sliced bread that you can take for granted, but damn does it help when crawling behind a desk to untangle wires.

Would this be good for someone who uses it plugged in 99% of the time but just occasionally wants to use it from the couch?

\I would think so, if you like the feel over regular keyboards. and dont need all the fancy media stuff

this KB wouldn't be my personal cup of tea for normal use, ... but I could see it being outstanding for a Home Theater (w/HTPC) setup! very cool :cool:

& not that bad a price, considering harmony remotes go for $80-250 :eek:

I will never ever understand the draw of a wireless keyboard for normal desktop usage. I haven't felt the cords on my regular Illuminated since I've bought it. And I get to keep the lights on all the time. :D

I game from the couch with my legs stretched and the keyboard on the lap, while a 32" LCD floats in front of my face on heavy duty desk arm.

eca_2127_24796462

So yeah some folks don't like sitting all cramped up on the chair.

I game from the couch with my legs stretched and the keyboard on the lap, while a 32" LCD floats in front of my face on heavy duty desk arm.

woah! you have a chair?

us floor dwellers have no shame :p

eca_2127_24796462

...that's...not...normal...desktop...usage...

I purchased it
is it normal to have the backlight on all the time when charging? it doesn't go off it just stay lit
when I am charging

Back