iLife 04 on Two Macs

insomniaut

n00b
Can I install iLife 04 on both of my Macs within the terms of the license? I am fairly certain that I can install it, but I prefer to respect licensing terms.

Thanks.

Seeing as Apple is offering a Family Pack version of iLife '04, I would have to say that the $49.00 is a single license and is to be treated as such, so if you want to stay legit buy the Family Pack for $79, which allows for 5 computers in the same household.

that is fine...when you purchase ilife you are mostly just getting all the sw on a single CD and most of the sw is available for a free download so there shouldn't be any issues

Actually there would be since it seems like GarageBand and iDVD will NOT be available for download, or at least iDVD never has in the past, which will point you back to purchasing it if you want those 2 programs legit.

yeah but new systems come with the sw loaded and for iDVD if you comp has a SD then it should have come with iDVD already installed

that still leaves GarageBand unaccounted for, and the way he's talking he already has the Macs which means his will not come with it and didn't mention buying another machine, so basically if he wants GB he needs to buy the family pack, if not then don't.

For clarification:

I have two Macs at home now (17" iMac G4, 12" iBook G4). I am going to buy a copy of iLife 04 online this weekend. Many software packages (Office, Studio MX, etc.) allow use on more than one Mac (typically 2-3) for a single user. The one user part is a big part of this in most cases.

For something like that it seems would be in the fine print of the Agreement which you wouldn't get to until you bought it and started to install it.

And if it's a MS product that would allow that you may not have read all the fine print that says, "If you install this on multiple machines and intend on one user to use said product it may only be done so when there is a blue full moon along with the offering of your first-born child."

Example of MS's "user-based" licensing:

Server 2003 has the capability to buy user-based licensing or hardware licensing, if you get user-based if you ever get rid of that user you lose that license, hummmm....no thanks. Not that this applies to you but that's the kind of wierd crap they do with their licensing.

Back