LeviathanZERO

Supreme [H]ardness
FEBRUARY 18, 2014

Price is finally up, game is live
$10
http://store.steampowered.com/app/253750/

Ikaruga Steam Edition specs

Various Screen Mode Support
- Up to Full HD (1920x1080 or 1920X1200)
- Adjust size of Menu and HUD as you like
- Window mode
- Vertical Mode
- By rotating only the game screen, you can also play the game horizontally.
(like side scroll shooter)
Full Controller Support
Keyboard and Mouse Supprt
Double Play Mode
- You can play 2-Players game with one controller
Replay Mode
- Replay data save available same as Xbox Live Arcade edition
- You can download replay from Leaderboard
Steam Feature
- Steam Achievements
- Steam Leaderboards (Global / Friends)
- Steam Cloud

4CC4813089FD7982F4A5F83893D7002E481E38B7

84A55388825BB889846C2ED088CE71733E74F652

MXfqdNu.jpg

Last edited:
sweet baby jesus
awesome
I have my copy for the Gamecube still buy I'll grab this too support them

When I bought my copy for the gamecube used at Gamestop, that was the first and last time I saw it in stores. Now it's available to basically everyone. Awesome!

Funny part is that I've still hardly played it, it kicked my but so I've been playing more mellow shooters to build my way up to it.

Funny part is that I've still hardly played it, it kicked my but so I've been playing more mellow shooters to build my way up to it.
This pretty much sums it up. When I first heard about it, I was like "Oh, I'm good at shooters, I'll just beat this real quick". Lol. Not.

A buddy of mine in college dominated this game. I think it's all he played. I might have to pick it up now.

Joking, or going through hard times...
If this was $15, i'd have to think about it, but at $10, no thinking. Downloading right now

Just not THAT interested in it at $10, given all the other games I have is all. At $5 I would bite immediately.

Also, considering the age of the game, it's not a $10 purchase to me personally.

Not saying by any stretch that $10 is an outrageous price, it's just not for me.

Just not THAT interested in it at $10, given all the other games I have is all. At $5 I would bite immediately.

Also, considering the age of the game, it's not a $10 purchase to me personally.

Not saying by any stretch that $10 is an outrageous price, it's just not for me.

I am biased to shmups. Especially this one.
I'd lose it if they announce Radiant Silvergun next. Shmup heaven in HD on steam :cool:

It's a meh game, easy as fuck, gimmicky as fuck. If you want a good Treasure shooter you need Radiant Silvergun, not this crap. Even still.... Treasure doesn't hold a candle to Cave when it comes to these games.

Cave arcade boards burn a hole in my wallet, but totally worth the price. Then again, they are usually over a grand per board.

Wow, what an excellent port. I didn't know they actually give you the option to switch the HUD for horizontal and vertical, but holy shit is it nice. Feels like a whole other game. Looks like this (forgive the no AA)...

jx7DZk7.jpg

I wish Namco would release Soul Calibur 1 and 2 on Steam. I'd be super pleased. Yes. I know its totally unrelated.

This is a good start though, hopefully Radiant Silvergun comes on Steam as well.

Wow, what an excellent port. I didn't know they actually give you the option to switch the HUD for horizontal and vertical, but holy shit is it nice. Feels like a whole other game. Looks like this (forgive the no AA)...

jx7DZk7.jpg

The actual game, not the ports can switch as well. The game runs off a tri-sync monitor. Those are meant to be rotated and have their resolution switched depending on the game. You can totally run the game horizontally though in higher resolution than the console ports. ;)

Buy a cab! Tri-syn candies are fucking cheap now and can be had for only 800-1100 bucks. Plus boards for stuff like this clock in around 300. Chump change and better than stealing through MAME. If you must steal games pirate PC stuff, not arcade stuff.

But this runs on a Naomi, those are known to have disc drive failure... and are hard to find, last I checked.
STV (Radiant Silvergun) is also expensive and hard to find too.
I had a buddy that built a STV cab and a AVS, fucking awesome shit, but completely unpractical for everyday use. Parties would always be at his house though. A working Naomi cab would sick shit. HOTD, Crazy Taxi, shit...

But this runs on a Naomi, those are known to have disc drive failure... and are hard to find, last I checked.
STV (Radiant Silvergun) is also expensive and hard to find too.
I had a buddy that built a STV cab and a AVS, fucking awesome shit, but completely unpractical for everyday use. Parties would always be at his house though. A working Naomi cab would sick shit. HOTD, Crazy Taxi, shit...

Naomi is just a standard JAMMA board, nothing special about it.

I have 1x Neogeo Candy, 1x Atomiswave, and 1x Tiato Egret 3.... and a few dozen boards I swap out depending on what people want to play.

Naomi shit is easy as fuck to find and reliable as hell. A ton of stuff came out for it, a ton of stuff still does to this day. The nasty stuff is Capcom CPS 2/3 which will suicide on you. CPS 2 can be resurrected CPS3 not really. And they require soldering on a live board to stop the suicide.

All you need for Naomi is a JAMMA compatible cabinet (read almost all of them, or you can wire it to be one) that sports a tri-sync monitor. The monitor is actually the hardest and most finicky item to screw with. Only a couple companies still make them and they are dangerous to the point they have killed people trying to operate on them.

The last several Naomi boards I parted with I gave away, they're not worth much at all now. Some of the software is though. Also some Naomi's use game carts, so you can often avoid the optical drive and security dongle completely, though this will add to the cost.

Another great game to put up on my brand new 60" VT60.

Thanks for the heads up!

Another great game to put up on my brand new 60" VT60.

Thanks for the heads up!

Another heads up.

Many of these arcade shooters rely on CRT blur to establish some colors and special effects. They also count on actual CRT response to be able do finish some of it. IE you can memorize shit and beat it on an LCD, but doing it by reflex requires a CRT.

Ikaruga is dumb fuck easy so it's not one of them, but if real shooters that take some skil cross over you want to stay the fuck away from anything but a CRT. These are the sorts of games that the higher def and more accurate the display, the shittier the game is in terms of game play.

I have ikaruga on dc, gc, and I'll buy the steam version eventually. Love that game.

Back