Ikaruga and Rez Announced for XBLA

Man if i didn't already own both of these titles i would be all over it!!! Ikaruga is seriously an AMAZING game. I still have to beat the last boss in Rez.. but no time!

http://kotaku.com/gaming/presch-schtart-batton/ikaruga-announced-for-xbox-live-arcade-298914.php
Ikaruga
http://kotaku.com/gaming/rez,-bitches/rez-hd-coming-to-xbox-live-arcade-298912.php
Rez

I've never played either of these games, but I love 2d shooters. Some of my favorite xbl arcade game are Mutant Storm Reloaded, Geometry Wars, Heavy Weapon, and Assault Heroes. The videos of Ikaruga look great. It may be worth repurchasing even if you already own it because I'd image the developer adding xbl live co-op for this game. This is the reason I am considering xbl arcade's Sonic 2 even though I already own the Sonic Mega Collection. Time to go look up Rez.

Rez looks insane. Reminds me of those 80s and 90s movies of hackers jumping into cyberspace and trying to bypass security and firewalls.

never tried rez but ikaruga was way too friggin hard. couldnt make past the 2nd level.

I've never played either of these games, but I love 2d shooters. Some of my favorite xbl arcade game are Mutant Storm Reloaded, Geometry Wars, Heavy Weapon, and Assault Heroes. The videos of Ikaruga look great. It may be worth repurchasing even if you already own it because I'd image the developer adding xbl live co-op for this game. This is the reason I am considering xbl arcade's Sonic 2 even though I already own the Sonic Mega Collection. Time to go look up Rez.

Rez looks insane. Reminds me of those 80s and 90s movies of hackers jumping into cyberspace and trying to bypass security and firewalls.

shit dey is hackin teh gibson!

shit dey is hackin teh gibson!

hehe, yep, that's the exact movie I was thinking of while looking at the Rez picks.

Thinking about it, seems to be the makings for a great game. You can pretty much put anything into the game and get away with it.

I've played Rez... in fact, I have it for my Dreamcast. I can remember my roommate playing it while I was... lets say I had eaten something that put myself in a different frame of mind. There's a weird pulse to the entire game and even the shooting seems like it is timed to the music.

Crazy stuff.

I never bought Rez for my Dreamcast, so I'm going to definitely get it on the Live Arcade. What a great announcement!

I've played Rez... in fact, I have it for my Dreamcast. I can remember my roommate playing it while I was... lets say I had eaten something that put myself in a different frame of mind. There's a weird pulse to the entire game and even the shooting seems like it is timed to the music.

Crazy stuff.

That wasnt the drugs talking, the game really is 'on beat'. :D

I know. I still play the PS2 version regularly. On WEED. :D

EDIT: Forgot to comment on the annoucement......
OH MY GOD!!! Are they HD'ing' IKARUGA too??! If this is released around the same time as Ninja Gaiden 2, I MUST own a 360. (Come on MS, premium $299! You can do it! But please fix the damn console first.)

Back