Iiyama 22" CRT still available

ho72

Weaksauce
I stumbled across this last evening. I've no idea if they're new or refurbed (but they cost like new), so for those lamenting the demise of the CRT this might be worth checking out.

I only wish I'd found it before I replaced my 19" Iiyama with a Dell LCD.

At that price they better be new, because you could get a superior reburbished fw900 for a couple hundred cheaper.

Foe-hammer said:
At that price they better be new, because you could get a superior reburbished fw900 for a couple hundred cheaper.
I'm not sure that "superior" and "refurbished" belong in the same sentence. I have some first-hand knowledge of how electronic things earn the tag refurbished and that knowledge does not inspire confidence. Best case, you're getting a monitor that functions within tolerences that has an undetermined number of hours on it. Worst case, you're getting a real POS where the probablility of failure is much higher than with a new unit.

ho72 said:
I'm not sure that "superior" and "refurbished" belong in the same sentence. I have some first-hand knowledge of how electronic things earn the tag refurbished and that knowledge does not inspire confidence. Best case, you're getting a monitor that functions within tolerences that has an undetermined number of hours on it. Worst case, you're getting a real POS where the probablility of failure is much higher than with a new unit.

You misunderstood me, i was referring to if both monitors are refurbs then the reburbed fw900 is the superior monitor.

Those are some impressive specs for a crt monitor, a diamondtron tube to boot.

Too bad they don't specify whether it is new or used, curiously they don't mention a warranty for that specific monitor (their other crt's mention a 3 year warranty).

Sketchy reselleratings: 3.33/8.5

Iiyama's have always had good bandwidth in my experience (they used to advertise their lofty refresh rates as a selling point); their build quality was also good.

My 19 incher was well made and lasted nearly 8 years with frequent use. The display just recently started to shrink in about an inch on the left side and then pop back out. Some days it didn't do it at all. Only mildly annoying, actually, but I opted not to push my luck and bought the Dell. As I said, if I had found this first (assuming it's new)...

Out of curiosity, I emailed the vendor and asked about the monitor. Here is the reply:

Dear H,

Thank you for your inquiry with Ajump.com. The Iiyama Vision Master Pro 514
22" Color Monitor (P/N 7290032) is sold as a new unit. The warranty period
is 3-years with the manufacturer. You may contact them at 800-594-7480 for
any technical related questions.

This item is in stock and available to ship within 1 business day of placing
your order. If you have any other product related questions, please do not
hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
Khang Pham
Customer Service
Ajump.com
(877) MY-AJUMP
[(877) 692-5867]

Still listed on Iiyama's site. The Where to Buy links turn up the Vision Master 513 as well, which is a bit less expensive than the 514.

some links

That price is dead on for a new Diamondtron 22" CRT with those specs. However, if it is used or refurbished, that is way overpriced. Anybody interesting can check www.azatek.com for similar monitors; refurbished, but good prices (at mine seems to be working fine so far).

Back