IGN prime 30 day trial -> 15% off D2D (skyrim $45.86 example)

Did gamefly buy IGN as well?

I may have to cancel my Newegg pre-order for this, depends on how much of a hassle this trial is.

So is it worth it for the 80 membership? Gettin BF3 for "free" means it's really only 40 or so for 2 years.

I know direct2drive has coupon codes from time to time, will the 15% stack with that? If so I could see this paying for itself.

Can I do the free trial, buy Skyrim, then cancel my IGN membership and not get charged?

I can't really answer most of these since I haven't used this yet. I'm still on the fence about Skyrim since BF3 actually turned out better than I expected. Also this may or may not be open to US residents (I'm not) only which a lot of things are.

If you buy a lot of games then this will probably be a good deal even as a continuing membership, since 15% off over time is quite a bit. Since D2D preorders seem to always be 10% off, it is basically 26.5% off every new game.

Reading the site IGN prime also has some other benefits beyond the D2D savings, some of which may or may not interest you.

I guess firing off an e-mail at them might be the best idea if you have more questions.

I dont thnk the 15% coupon stacks from what I've been reading.. if it does.. this would make it pretty hot.

I just did the free trial and can confirm it works.

Skyrim comes out to be $45.86 :)

Yeah 15% coupon code doesn't stack.. that kinda makes that deal warm.. but you do get BF3.. is it the LE or just standard?

Umm it does stack, I just bought the game for $45.86 lol

Does anyone know if fatwallet works with D2D for this?

This is really tempting now. This really going to be game overload this fall.

I know Fatwallet works with D2D in general, is there some reason why it wouldn't with IGN prime? Did they give you a coupon code for the 15% off, referral type link, or just automatically adjusted prices by linking your accounts?

Wtf? I've ordered from D2d plenty of times and now they want to fucking call you and shit to "authorize" it?

That is annoying, and not something I wanna do at 3 am in the fucking morning when other people are asleep.

Why do they need to call your house to authorize anything? Paypal already verifies shit. I don't need stores to call me to verify that I wanna buy from them.

I think they asked me the first time I bought from them, but I didn't use pay pal for that transaction, paid directly via CC. It was just an automated message with a code.

Wtf? I've ordered from D2d plenty of times and now they want to fucking call you and shit to "authorize" it?

That is annoying, and not something I wanna do at 3 am in the fucking morning when other people are asleep.

Why do they need to call your house to authorize anything? Paypal already verifies shit. I don't need stores to call me to verify that I wanna buy from them.

Yeah, I had to go through the same shit and the phone verification system didn't work. The e-mail that I sent wasn't very nice. Their response was fast at least.

I've never ordered from D2D before... when do they deliver the key in the case of steam preorders? I assume Skyrim is going to have a pre-load. Are they going to send a key early enough to be preloaded, or do they wait to deliver it until the game is released (midnight?)

I've never ordered from D2D before... when do they deliver the key in the case of steam preorders? I assume Skyrim is going to have a pre-load. Are they going to send a key early enough to be preloaded, or do they wait to deliver it until the game is released (midnight?)

D2D is pretty reliable, I would imagine with a big title like Skryim that they'll make the keys available a few days before release. But in the end it's ultimately up to Bethesda...

They have always sent mine early for pre loads.

They have always sent mine early for pre loads.

Good to know, thanks!

EDIT: Ordered, came to $49 w/ tax. Sucks that D2D charges tax, but it still saves me $10 over steam's price.

Last edited:
D2d emailed me this morning and got it taken care of so I didn't have to do any phone call thing, ordered Skyrim at 45 and change.

Thinking about ordering Saints Row and Sword of the Stars 2, the savings seem too good to pass up since I know I'll like most of them, just Sword of the Stars I'm not sure about. Never played the first one but I enjoy 4 x space games, like Sins of a Solar Empire.

Umm it does stack, I just bought the game for $45.86 lol

Does anyone know if fatwallet works with D2D for this?

So the game is on sale for 30% off, you can stack an additional 15% off on the game? If so I'd gladly get into that.

So the game is on sale for 30% off, you can stack an additional 15% off on the game? If so I'd gladly get into that.

No, the game costs $53.95 right now on D2D, then if you do the free IGN trial, you get an additional 15% off of the $53.95, making it $45.86

I mean does it work on a hypothetical sale on another game? Or does it just happen to work for skyrim? Sorry for the mass confusion.

I'll be interested in subbing for 2 years toget another bf3 copy and save a ton on games.

How is the discount given? is it a code? referral link? linked accounts?

It ties to your account. So when you go to checkout, you'll see "member discount -15%" you don't have to enter in any codes or anything, it does it automatically.

New Yorkers get taxed on anything and everything, dunno how people live in that state :(

New Yorkers get taxed on anything and everything, dunno how people live in that state :(

We sure do. I moved here like two weeks after renewing my Amazon Prime membership, and now I hardly use it because for large purchases the tax is more than what the shipping saves me. Newegg doesn't tax NY.

I sure as hell am not rich, nor did I move here by choice. I'm trying to get out of the awful state ASAP.

We sure do. I moved here like two weeks after renewing my Amazon Prime membership, and now I hardly use it because for large purchases the tax is more than what the shipping saves me. Newegg doesn't tax NY.

I sure as hell am not rich, nor did I move here by choice. I'm trying to get out of the awful state ASAP.

Yea, D2D started charging tax last year in NY. I remember having Assassins Creed 2 in my cart and being like "Whaaa?". All so the crooks in Albany can get more of your already-half-eaten piece of the pie. Agreed on your plan to GTHO. I've been in NYC for 10 years (after having lived in 4 other states, upstate NY, 2 other countries), I make a good living, and still think it's an awful, awful city and state. Almost everyone takes from the till, lying is an art, and most everyone here will sell their own grandma to get ahead.

I'm actually planning on purchasing full price via Steam since it's just not worth the effort after taxes.

Yea, D2D started charging tax last year in NY. I remember having Assassins Creed 2 in my cart and being like "Whaaa?". All so the crooks in Albany can get more of your already-half-eaten piece of the pie. Agreed on your plan to GTHO. I've been in NYC for 10 years (after having lived in 4 other states, upstate NY, 2 other countries), I make a good living, and still think it's an awful, awful city and state. Almost everyone takes from the till, lying is an art, and most everyone here will sell their own grandma to get ahead.

I'm actually planning on purchasing full price via Steam since it's just not worth the effort after taxes.

I've lived all over myself... grew up in Chicago, lived in Colorado for a while, lived in both Houston and San Antonio before moving to upstate NY. I'd gladly return to any of those places. I've not been to NYC yet... but I couldn't even imagine living there. In Colorado, I had a nice 2-bed apt for $600 a month. That would probably cost near $2000 in NYC. I am a city person as heart, but I'd much rather go back to Texas. I could afford to live in the city there...

Anyone know if this is still working?

Debating going this route if I can get the free trial on ign, when i go to sign up it doesn't say anything about 30 days free before charging me.

Did it tonight, it also stacks with Fatwallet, got $1.83 cashback. So Skyrim will end up costing me $44.03 in the end :)

Back