IGN predicts BF3 will be announce this years

HardLiner

Gawd
For the battlefield fans ... take this for what it is worth,IGN predicts Battlefield 3 will be announced this year, they are usually pretty good at predicting stuff like this.I hope it is true since I really enjoy playing BF2 even though it is like 4 or 5 years old now...yes I know it is buggy but I love the gameplay and the modern combat...IGN for all the times you are wrong lets hope this is not one of them!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/946/946441p1.html

battlefield 1942 was one of the best online fps games i have ever played. none of its successors were successful. come on ,give me another 1942 like game.

I think with the over played value of WW2 games, they wouldn't dare go into that realm at the moment. I would love it though....

Maybe they need to go back to Nam and fix BF:V since it sucked so badly IMO. Worst one of the series yet there are very few games built around the conflict.

I don't know. EA has been saying that there will be no BF3. Even some of the DICE developers I met at a trip to EA for a BF:BC community day kept saying there won't be one. Now, I'm sure both parties are under NDA anyway so all they can say is no or can't answer that question.

EA should just give up and Valve should take over BF3 after they get done with EP3 :eek:

I can't see why they wouldn't, BF2 sold like 5 million copies didn't it? They are in the business of making money so it is kind of hard to believe they wouldn't make a predecessor.

I hope this is true.As much as I like BF2 I need an upgrade.

Is this an indication that they are making it?

http://www.whois.net/whois_new.cgi?d=battlefield3&tld=com

Electronic Arts
Domain Hostmaster
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
US
[email protected]
1.6506281500 Fax: 1.6506281331

Domain Name: BATTLEFIELD3.COM
Registrar of Record: Corporate Domains, Inc.

Administrative Contact:
Electronic Arts
Domain Hostmaster
Redwood City, CA 94065
US
[email protected]
Technical Contact:
Electronic Arts
Domain Hostmaster
Redwood City, CA 94065
US
[email protected]

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS1.CSCDNS.NET
DNS2.CSCDNS.NET

Created on..............: 30-Dec-08
Expires on..............: 06-Aug-11
Record last updated on..: 05-Jan-09

BF sucks ASS imho. Sorry, had to say it. Could never get into it. But oh well, thats me.:)

wonder if it's gonna have widescreen support this time around. :D

I had to quit playing bf2 once I got a 1920x1080 screen. (which only allowed up to 1280x1024 in game)

I had most fun with BF1942 w/ DC. Didn't have to worry about stats.. just jump in and play.

battlefield 1942 was one of the best online fps games i have ever played. none of its successors were successful. come on ,give me another 1942 like game.
Are you kidding me? BF2 was a very successful game and is still played by a lot of people today. The other ones were less prosperous but you can't deny that BF2 was a great game.

I'm gonna take it with a grain of salt but I'm still hopeful that we'll hear about BF3 sometime this year. Either way, I still love playing BF2 and I think the only thing that will stop me from playing is if/when BF3 comes out. :)

wonder if it's gonna have widescreen support this time around. :D

I had to quit playing bf2 once I got a 1920x1080 screen. (which only allowed up to 1280x1024 in game)

I had most fun with BF1942 w/ DC. Didn't have to worry about stats.. just jump in and play.

there is a really easy fix for widescreen support, it is even supported by punkbuster

I liked BF1942, and I loved all the new stuff added in BF2. I hated 2142, because it felt like an unpolished expansion pack, and they expected us to pay $50 for that piece of crap (did not buy it).

I would buy BF3 if it improved on BF2.

i know its dates badly but all im saying is that years ago that was mentioned before so if they do make a bf3, i assume it will have 30/40 players on each side?

i know its dates badly but all im saying is that years ago that was mentioned before so if they do make a bf3, i assume it will have 30/40 players on each side?

That would truly be awesome. A lot of the features in that link sound very similar to BF2 (which is a good thing). Hell, even if BF3 was an enhanced clone of BF2 I think I would still buy it.

This is great news if this is true. It seems that this has been teased or predicted in one form or another for atleast a couple of years now. I guess I'm a bit skeptical.

Release in late 2008
Powered by “Frostbite DX”
Set in year modern day (just like BF2, ed.)
Will ship with 8 maps, each supporting up to 40-players per team
Two playable factions, NATO and MEC (Middle Eastern Coalition)
Same “ticket-based” gameplay style as before
Maps are mostly urban, based in Middle East
Squads and Commanders are present, introduced are “Battalions” which consist of three to four squads.
Five playable classes; Sniper, Assault, Engineer, Medic and Support
Will feature 48 different vehicles (24 for each faction)
Will feature 34 different weapons (17 for each faction) and another 22 unlocks (for both factions), in total 56 different weapons.
Other unlocks include different types of ammunition, body armor, helmets, camouflage and accessories.
Possible public beta in “Summer 2008″
Online stats tracking, awards and “real world ranks”
“Soldier” feature, looks like MMO-styled characters and avatars
Ranked servers will be available for resellers weeks before the game ships (for testing, apparently, ed.)
In-game replay and recording feature
VoIP, friends list, in-game IM-client and “extensive clan support”
Built-in auto software updater (no more patches!, ed.)
Widows Vista and OS X (no XP?!, ed.)
Announcement and teaser trailer in January 2008.

I read this before and the January 2008 has passed by a year but let's hope that at least the game has been in development since then at the very latest.

The DX Frostbite engine interests me I hope it is DX10 and maybe DX11 supported to since Windows 7 and DX11 will be out by the end of the year.

bf3 was suppose to be in production and some of the features was a 100v100 online batlles

edit: here http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10/09/breaking-battlefield-3-leaked-info/

Take all the pre-release PR and hype with a grain of salt. It is mind boggling the shit they talked up with BF2 which never made it into the retail release. Things which come to mind were:

night maps/night vision (conveniently released in a paid expansion pack)
support for 120 players
realistic weapon ballistics and bullet penetration
laser designated targeting by players for air strikes
realistic physics that affected in-game objects

Cool. I look forward to what BF3 has in store. I just hope that the feel of the game isn't so different from what I'm used to in COD4/CODW@W.

I read this before and the January 2008 has passed by a year but let's hope that at least the game has been in development since then at the very latest.

The DX Frostbite engine interests me I hope it is DX10 and maybe DX11 supported to since Windows 7 and DX11 will be out by the end of the year.

All this press stuff about frostbite was for BF:BC.

someone said 2142 wasn't polished. Sorry I disagree. 2142 is the most balanced BF game to date. It's the kind of the balance the past games should have had. I actually enjoyed 2142 much more than BF2 for this reason. Plus it doesn't have all the overpowered vehicles and the hit detection was MUCH better. I still like BF2, specially the highway tampa map and SF.

If they re-released BF2 with a new engine and some balance tweaks (to make air power less ridiculous) I would buy it. I still play it once or twice a week.

I never played 1942 or 2142 but I could get into a BF3 done WW2 style if at least somewhat realistic enough.

I'm sorry but I can't get excited by the thought of BF3. BF2 and BF 2142 got old fast.

I'm sorry but I can't get excited by the thought of BF3. BF2 and BF 2142 got old fast.

Then they weren't the games for you :)

// Play 1942 from the day it was out till almost 2005
// Bought BF:V but didn't like it. Played only a few months.
// Played BF2 from Feb 2006 till 2142 came out and then off and on after that
// Played 2142 from the day it was out till October 2008, quit after I got my last award

EA/DICE would be stupid not to make BF3 yet when has EA done anything smart?

someone said above they hope BF3 isn't so different than COD, BF series is WAY different than COD games. I don't even put them in the same category. NOW, I would be REALLY upset if DICE made BF more like COD games and would refuse to play it. IMO, COD4/WOW are 100% peices of junk, specially online.

I agree totally somewhat ;). While BF2 was successful it wasn't a huge advancement for PC gaming. BF1942 IMHO was the last "popular" non subscription PC game to give PC gamers something fresh/unique and also advance gameplay technology. Sure there were vehicles in Tribes but BF1942 got it right for a much bigger crowd. I was hooked for 2 years straight.

I can't think of anything since, can you? We see better graphics and maybe AI but advancement to gameplay has kind of stalled. I think we can thank crossplatform development for that. I've dabbled with my newest game COD WaW and while playing multi I thought "I'm running around on foot again. I did this in Day of Defeat in 2000."

No devs/publishers are more worried about us having online accounts, DRM, advertising, having to be online or you can't install/start the game, even single player than giving us something new that will make our jaws hit the floor....I'm exaggerating some but you get the point. I am looking foward to Dawn of War 2 and Empire Total War even though its just more of the same slightly improved. ;)

?? BF2 not successful? wow. need to do a search buddy. in 2007 it was still on the top 10 games sold from one site i read. it was like #7. along with WoW, sims 2, crysis and the such. not to mention, way more money made on server, which it more of than any other FPS that i have except COD.

im deff. a bit of a fanboy. but the numbers dont lie. IMHO BF2 is still the best open area shooter out.

my dream is a BF3 with better shooting and vehicle balance. destructable enviroments/phys. i also heard that they were going to have multiple squads = regament. WOW!!

I'd more into a BF1943, rather than something based off BF2. BF1942 was pretty remarkable when it was released.

I'm sure they'll beef up the graphic engine and fix some play mechanics that never got fixed before.

Well, considering it's EA, just have to hope and pray.

That said, I love BF, all of them!

Back