IGN: At least a dozen titles in development for Revolution

steviep

Supreme [H]ardness
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/692/692479p1.html

Here's IGN's "official" list of which games and companies they know for SURE are working on more than 25 games. Many of these will be available for launch or launch-window, and that is great :D (Rumours exist that Chrystal Chronicles will be a free online MMORPG!)

Add to that Midway's support officially announced yesterday (likely an Unreal3-based shooter), and Ubisoft's recent announcement that they have more than 1 title in the works, and I'd say that the third-party support for this system is no "Gamecube" or N64!

If you want a more unofficial list, check it out here:
http://www.revolutionreport.com/index.php?act=articles&code=read&id=283

This one includes various "announced support but no announced games yet" type stuff, as well (i.e. Eidos, Maxis, Firaxis, Namco, LucasArts, GearBox, Harmonix, Konami, etc) and IGN did forget a couple of them, like Mistwalker and Kojima's games that are in development for the Revolution. Those are listed in this list, as well as some more rumoured games and indie developers working away.

While your sarcasm is humorous :p
With a system that's been held under such secrecy, it's nice to know that we won't be left with a product that has 5 games at launch and only 2 of them are half-worth owning :p

I also found this graphic quite funny:
sonyrevolution.jpg

There should be a lube button on that controller, considering what they're planning to do to current HDTV owners.

Thread hijack: Do you guys think the rev will be region locked ? Like the gamecube ?

Why would you need to import it, though? They said they're doing a 6-week-long worldwide launch, from what I remember. Before the end of 2006, all regions should have the Rev :D

It's not a Japan-then-North America thing like Sony usually does, and Nintendo's traditionally done.

I think he meant importing Japanese/foreign games to play on his US console.

Oh yes... considering that the Revolution will use probably standard DVD-9's (unless they employ a GD-ROM type thing like Sega, making a CD fit 1GB, or making a DVD fit 12gb or something) so there will probably some kind of regional DVD lockout. In fact, the console is said to play regular DVDs with a dongle purchase, so yes I'd assume that it's locked out regionally, and you'll have to mod it if you want otherwise.

K600 said:
There should be a lube button on that controller, considering what they're planning to do to current HDTV owners.

BTW... I forgot to QFFT on that one... LOL.
BD and HDDVD are fucking consumers up the ass and I won't buy into a single penny of it, movie wise. But that's for another thread :D

steviep said:
Oh yes... considering that the Revolution will use probably standard DVD-9's (unless they employ a GD-ROM type thing like Sega, making a CD fit 1GB, or making a DVD fit 12gb or something) so there will probably some kind of regional DVD lockout. In fact, the console is said to play regular DVDs with a dongle purchase, so yes I'd assume that it's locked out regionally, and you'll have to mod it if you want otherwise.

Sucks.

But if they release the North American version SOON after the Japanese one then it's ok.

Yeah, unless they change their plans, they've committed to a worldwide 6-week launch or something like that, so we shouldn't have to wait long! (maybe a couple weeks)

IGN: At least a dozen titles in development for Revolution

Cool.

I'm glad there are at least half a dozen titles being made for it...I was thinking only like one or two or AT MOST THREE TITLES were going to be made for it.

If you read the article(s), there are more than 25 games in development that they KNOW about. But I doubt more than a dozen of them will make it for launch (hence the title). Still good news, however.

only things im interested in is SoulCaliber4 metroid prime 3(never liked the others though) and zelda(windwaker blew :( )

Wind Waker didn't blow! It wasn't the best game in the series (stupid sailing!) but it was definately the best looking one, and had an amazing story. But that's a tangent from the discussion... I think Sony may still have exclusivity for Soul Calibre, but I could be wrong.

Edit: THQ hinted yesterday at a November release of their "Cars" game for the Revolution.

And yet another Japanese developer signs on to the Rev: Natsume! (of Harvest Moon fame)... and they've said that they have a game in the works for the Rev already... add a tick to more devs/more games! :D

steviep said:
Wind Waker didn't blow! It wasn't the best game in the series (stupid sailing!) but it was definately the best looking one, and had an amazing story. But that's a tangent from the discussion... I think Sony may still have exclusivity for Soul Calibre, but I could be wrong.

Edit: THQ hinted yesterday at a November release of their "Cars" game for the Revolution.

And yet another Japanese developer signs on to the Rev: Natsume! (of Harvest Moon fame)... and they've said that they have a game in the works for the Rev already... add a tick to more devs/more games! :D

Sony can have Soul Calibur, I've played the second one and it's just a button-masher. It makes MvC2 look downright strategic.

I am highly interested in the Revolution, but will be second guessing my desire to buy one if it doesn't support high definition TV's. At the very least, it better support 16:9 gaming even if it doesn't support HD resolutions. Nintendo needs to give us more information, like whether 16.9 widescreen will be supported.

junehhan said:
I am highly interested in the Revolution, but will be second guessing my desire to buy one if it doesn't support high definition TV's. At the very least, it better support 16:9 gaming even if it doesn't support HD resolutions. Nintendo needs to give us more information, like whether 16.9 widescreen will be supported.
I think Nintendo said that it would only support 480P, but I'm not sure about widescreen. I could be wrong, though.

randy5554 said:
I think Nintendo said that it would only support 480P, but I'm not sure about widescreen. I could be wrong, though.

they commited to a maximum resolution?

Considering how many people have a widescreen 16:9 screen these days, I think it would be foolish of Nintendo. Sure you could adjust and stretch the screen to fit, but it really ruins the feel of a game when the graphics look artificially stretched out.

i don't care about HD support... i'm poor as shit.. i won't think i'll own an HDTV till i graduate with my masters in like 2 years...

Back