iFixit Tears Down the Magic Leap One, Comes Away Less Than Impressed

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
iFixit is known for making videos of device teardowns and they couldn't resist taking a look at what makes the Magic Leap One mixed reality headset tick. They believe this device is going to be a short-run piece of hardware and was pushed out to just get it on the market. Regardless, the more the merrier in the AR/VR/MR market as far as I'm concerned. Competition will definitely help to bring prices down on these types of devices and I think we all could agree on that. Take a look at the teardown.

Watch the video here.

With help from Karl Guttag of KGonTech and VR expert Palmer Luckey (the creator of the Oculus Rift), iFixit set about dismantling the Magic Leap One: Creator Edition in the name of curiosity. The 22-step process is quite insightful but the most curious bits involve the optics.

Considering the level of hype for this product, the fact that anyone can come away without soiling themselves leads me to believe someone was lying.

Considering the level of hype for this product, the fact that anyone can come away without soiling themselves leads me to believe someone was lying.

Soiling themselves good, or soiling themselves bad? :p

Back