If you return stuff to Amazon check your refunds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etherton

Will Bang for Poof
I did not know where to post this but wanted to give everyone a heads up. Love Amazon to death and a long time customer but I have been waiting on a refund for a Garmin GPS I sent back. I finally called them and they told me that it had been refunded on 8/5/13. I checked with my bank and it had not ever been refunded. I got to checking and 2 out of the last 3 items I have returned never got refunded either - my fault for not keeping better track but not refunded none the less. I called them up again and this time spoke to a supervisor that is now forwarding it to the billing dept. I was looking at the "order details" screen on these orders and it clearly states that they was never refunded. Of course when questioned about that detail they said that was my account and they could not see it. He said that if my bank never "accepted" the refund then it is floating around in limbo.

To check go to your order history and right below the date the order was placed click on "order details" then scroll to the bottom. Some were refunded correctly and some weren't - no pattern to it at all.

Stated they refunded this order and it says completed but verified with the bank that no refund was received :

Here is an order they actually refunded :

Anyways do what you will with this thread but if they done this to me then there are others out there too. Check your refunds with your bank/credit cards.

where do you see the refund status like you are seeing? i got orefunds all i see is the refund itself, not the details

I have one showing "Status - Completed" with the refund amount as $0.00. The refund was completed before the item arrived back at Amazon's RMA center in Kentucky. I'll be sure to check my bank statement. Thanks for the heads up.

Go to your main orders screen like your tracking the package. Find your order and right below where it gives the date it says "order details". Click on that and scroll all the way to the bottom.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon recently, and only had two refunds. One for a pricing snafu where they didn't process the order properly, then the price went up in the meantime, which they resolved once I contacted them, and the other for a return that I just sent in yesterday and seems to be going smoothly, so far. So, knock on wood.

My beef with Amazon is mostly just their lame site software (organization could be a hell of a lot better - Bezos should have to spend a couple grand there on small items using only a dialup connection, see how he likes it) and how slow they (or their resellers) can be to ship sometimes.

I have returns that match both examples and I've always received the appropriate refund amount on my credit card.

Doing some checking on my returned orders, every order that Amazon refunded me before they received the item is like example 1. Orders that were refunded when Amazon received the item are like example 2. Again, no issues with receiving the refunded amounts in either case.

Last edited:
I've never had a problem with mine then again I haven't returned alot of things either.

Whoa .. thanks for the heads up. I had a refund like that a few weeks ago (showed $0.00 .. figured I was reading it wrong), but I ignored it because I've never had a problem.

Now I gotta go back in and check.

I also went and confirmed some refunds, and you CAN have $0.00 in the refunded amount at the end and still have a refund. Not a very good system but thanks OP for the heads up, always a good idea to keep tabs on these sorts of things.

The main problem is that it shouldn't show "completed' until you've gotten your refund. It should say "incomplete - Return item not received" or something.

Thanks for the heads up!

I will check my bank today to make sure that the one i have did refund properly

Thanks man, Amazon did return the incorrect amount of money for a past return I just checked. Really appreciate it.

On a related note, does anybody know how to actually contact Amazon? If you have a situation where you're due a refund that you never received, how would you contact them?

Jasper, you can contact them through your "my orders" page. I forget exactly where the button/link is, but if you report a problem, you'll get an email. Or I did, anyway.

Thanks, I've looked and never found a way but push come to shove, I'll dig deep enough to find it.

On a related note, does anybody know how to actually contact Amazon? If you have a situation where you're due a refund that you never received, how would you contact them?

You can also contact them by clicking on the Help link located at the top of any page then click the Contact Us button. You'll get access to email, phone and online chat methods.

You go to their help page and click the "Contact Us" button on the right. If it's regarding a specific order you can search and select the order on the next page, then you choose what issue it's regarding, then you get a choice of e-mail/phone/chat.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So I checked mine with the $0.00 amount but marked as "completed". I *was* refunded. But here's the kicker.

Return Request 7/11/2013
Money Returned 7/11/2013
Item Returned 7/23/2013 (I was slow at shipping it back).

Maybe the $0.00 is a flaw when the refund is done prior to the return? Did you check your corresponding bank records for when you generated the return request?

Never had an issue. I recently returned something I paid $99.99 for and I had used 2 day shipping that made the total $111 .... I had all $111 refunded 1 day before it even reached them. I had ups pick up the package and everything. Amazon ftw.

Never had an issue either, they even have an option to refund instantly, they give you a 30 day window to return. I get the money in by bank account the same day.

Then again I'm Amazon Prime member.

I've ordered a lot of stuff from Amazon recently, and only had two refunds. One for a pricing snafu where they didn't process the order properly, then the price went up in the meantime, which they resolved once I contacted them, and the other for a return that I just sent in yesterday and seems to be going smoothly, so far. So, knock on wood.

My beef with Amazon is mostly just their lame site software (organization could be a hell of a lot better - Bezos should have to spend a couple grand there on small items using only a dialup connection, see how he likes it) and how slow they (or their resellers) can be to ship sometimes.

Although I'd laugh at having dial-up, but considering that the best u-verse I can get here is a blazing 768kbps, I'm not that much better off :eek:

All my returns always post to my original method of payment before the item makes it to Kentucky normally. I watch everything like a hawk and never had an issue so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back