If you purchased a recent GTX 970 or 980 video card and did not receive a free $59.99

I associate TigerDirect with those CapitalOne Peggy commercials. I am guessing 80% of the items on their site are tied to futile or impossible Mail In Rebates.

Wish they would pull a Circuit City and be gone.

Looks like AC unity was a turd. I want a free turd TD. Where is my free turd.

Hello , my name is Ramon Briones, how may I help you?
Me: well posted my question, you get it
its the pick your path bundle http://www.geforce.com/pick-your-path-game-bundle
Needing game code for NVidia bundle for buying a pny gtx980 from you
Order #: --------------
Ramon Briones: Thank you for waiting.
Ramon Briones: This game code promo was just offered by the manufacturer just this October.
Me: I am aware of that, but new egg is honoring cards bought before that http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1839953 thought you would do the same
so I could post NICE THINGS ABOUT Tiger Direct
Ramon Briones: We would like to inform you that the promo was offered by the manufacturer not by us.
Me:really, egg is honoring the older cards. but you can't
why is that
Ramon Briones: we already explained that it is offered by the manufacturer.
Me: ok, will let the [H] forums know what you said
Ramon Briones: That is why once you buy the item that qualify to the promo you will be asked to provide an e-mail because they will be sending it to your e-mail address.
Me: you say that but reading the forum I sent you, new egg is sending the game code
Me: that's fine !
Ramon Briones: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
nope, that's it. have good evening
Ramon Briones: Have a great day, and thanks for providing us with the opportunity to assist you today!

Tried my best guys. :p

Glad to see you got your code note235.

What a load of dung.
I did chat at new egg, described the situation, rep had me the game codes in less than 5 minutes, no questions asked.
Sure, the codes come from NVidia, but the store hands them out.
If that was not the case, why did new egg email me the purchase coupon?

That's why I stopped shopping at TigerDirect.

They are a shady bunch.

Sure, newegg doesn't always come through, but more times than not I've been able to get a discounted price or a coupon like this when I missed out by buying early or missing a promotion by a couple days.:D

Thought I'd give it another pop with TD....."Our competition is not of our concern"

Tiger Direct is taking their sweet time to email me my promo code. I ordered my card on the 6th, got my card on the 12th and their live chat rep told me I still have to wait 5-7 business days.

Tiger Direct is taking their sweet time to email me my promo code. I ordered my card on the 6th, got my card on the 12th and their live chat rep told me I still have to wait 5-7 business days.

Wow

all i can say is avoid them at all costs next time if you are unhappy about their customer service. Seems like alot of people on this thread have mentioned this to everyone

I purchased my Zotac GTX970 from staples.ca (Canada). Is there a chance I can get the free game?
Should even bother contacting staples.ca, zotac and nviidia about it? or it is going to be a complete waste of time?

Thanks...

Similar situation, I ordered a second GTX 970 from Tiger on 11/6 and I have not received mine either. I have followed up twice now and still no real ETA.

looks like i gotta contact tigerdirect. I been gone for a week , but my msi 970 4g arrived on wednesday.. finally got around to checking it out.. i recall when i ordered this thing, seeing the ad on their page, but no way to add it to my cart.

question for people who got the game The Crew. Has it shown up yet in your games list? Right now far cry 4 has shown up but The Crew has not and of course there is no record of me ordering it except the email i got from ubisoft with a order number

Nice business practices

anyway

Ordered my Gigabyte GTX 970 ITX Saturday morning from Newegg, but there was no Pick-your-path gift attached to the purchase. Chatted with a lady in customer service that told me if it wasn't showing, then the card wasn't eligible for this promotion (even though it meets Nvidia's eligibility and Newegg is a participating retailer).

Just called their Premier line, and the guy was able to initiate an order for the promo as a "one-time courtesy".

Seems kinda weird that they were retroactively giving out this promo left and right for folks that bought a card during launch, over a month before the promotion started.. but giving me shit for buying a 970 that should have qualified.

Finally got my code from Tiger Direct. Let's see, I ordered on the 6th, got my card on the 12th and only now do they give me my code.

OMG, eleven days after you ordered?!? The inhumanity!!!!!

Pretty sure it was more a data point in Tiger Direct's efficiency/reliability considering NewEgg gets out courtesy coupons in five minutes.

Pretty sure it was more a data point in Tiger Direct's efficiency/reliability considering NewEgg gets out courtesy coupons in five minutes.

Also gives people a sense of what to expect when ordering from TD. Also I was not given an accurate ETA when asking CS reps. Sometimes it was 3-5 business days, then when I asked later it was 5-7, then 7-10. So I was kinda dicked around a bit and wondering if I'd ever get it.

++ +System: + Connecting...
++ +System: + Your reference number for this chat session is 205614
++ +System: + Waiting for a Customer Representative...
++ +System: + You are next in queue... Estimated wait time is 0 hours 0 minutes 7 seconds
++ +System: + Dora W. has joined this session!
++ +System: + Connected with Dora W.
++ +System: + Welcome Muhammad Khan! My name is Dora W.
++ +System: + How may I assist you today?
++ +Muhammad Khan: + Hi Dora, I bought a pair of MSI GTX 970's a month or so back.
++ +Muhammad Khan: + I heard that newegg was honoring promo codes attached to the certain cards that started happening at the beginning of this month.
++ +Dora W.: + Thank you for providing me with that information, Muhammad. I will be more than happy to assist you. What can I do for you?
++ +Dora W.: + The free item deal start from 11/4, so you are not eligible for it. This (exception) is normally outside of our standard policy/process. However, we value you as a customer of Newegg and I really want to help resolve your situation so I would like to send you one free item#00-995-228. One moment please.
++ +Muhammad Khan: + Alright.
++ +Dora W.: + I have created order # 82190300 to send the item # 00-995-228 for you at no cost of your own. You will receive emails concerning the order status. You can check your order status under My Account. Please allow 1-2 business days for the order to be processed.
++ +Muhammad Khan: + I guess that's fair enough.
++ +Dora W.: + Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
++ +Muhammad Khan: + That's pretty much it Dora.
++ +Dora W.: + It is my pleasure. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to serve you. Before we end our chat, I want to invite you to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey. To take the survey, all you need to do is click the "Exit" button at the top of the chat window. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for contacting Newegg. I hope you have an eggcellent day!
++ +System: + Dora W. has left this session!
++ +System: + The session has ended!

Ordered a 970 from Tiger Direct on 11/6.
Received the card on 11/12.
Got the code today, 11/18.

anyone know when the 'Pick your Path' promo expires?...I have a code from my GTX 970 purchase but haven't used it yet

EDIT: never mind...found out from the Nvidia website: Promotional code expires 31st January 2015

Back