If you purchased a recent GTX 970 or 980 video card and did not receive a free $59.99

I have a feeling Newegg's generosity is going to run out once the unwashed Slickdeals mob succeeds in bleeding it dry.

I've had issues with TigerDirect incorrectly claiming they had items in stock on two different occasions. Cancelling my order was a multi-day, multi-person ordeal in both instances. I won't order from them any more. Not that this is that bad, but it seems like other vendors are more willing to be the nice guy.
I've been using the Egg for 13 years at this point and have always been happy with their service.

I've had issues with TigerDirect incorrectly claiming they had items in stock on two different occasions. Cancelling my order was a multi-day, multi-person ordeal in both instances. I won't order from them any more. Not that this is that bad, but it seems like other vendors are more willing to be the nice guy.
I've been using the Egg for 13 years at this point and have always been happy with their service.

That's exactly what they did to me. I bought 2 GTX 680s from them that were listed as in stock. Apparently "In Stock" to them means "um we are supposed to be getting a truck in 4 days and it's supposed to have 22 cards so um yeah we can sell it and place a hold on over $1000 of your money because um Maybe we'll be able to ship it." :mad:

Amazon has one of the best customer service departments in the world when it comes to customer satisfaction. I just hope they stop posting multi million dollar losses every quarter. Could be because of the firephone or these fire devices they keep on releasing trying to compete with samsung and other companies.

When you keep giving away $60 credits like this it makes it harder to make a profit!

Amazon will give you credit for almost anything even if you don't ask for it...or at worst they'll give you free overnight shipping, promo credit, discounts etc...best customer service ever

I have a feeling Newegg's generosity is going to run out once the unwashed Slickdeals mob succeeds in bleeding it dry.
Many consumers seem to have trouble accepting that what they paid for is what their expectations should be to have received.

Amazon will give you credit for almost anything even if you don't ask for it...or at worst they'll give you free overnight shipping, promo credit, discounts etc...best customer service ever

The best customer service is great, but they won't stay in business long giving away the farm.

Methinks the jig is up. I'm a Premier member, and I just got off the phone with them. She said she would contact their support department but she wasn't sure she could apply it to past orders that were placed before the promotion started. I waited on hold for ~5 minutes but finally told her when she checked back with me to go ahead and follow-up via email. I'm not expecting a positive answer, but we'll see!

I still like buying stuff from Newegg since I have generally never had issues with returns or exchanges. But my favorite go to place is Amazon hands down.

Unfortunately for me, Amazon now charges tax, so on a big ticket item like a video card, that makes them severely more expensive than Newegg.

Looks like Newegg will be shipping me out 2 cards for 2 free games. Right now under my order status it shows packaging 2x NVIDIA Pick 1 of 3 GAMES: Assassin’s Creed Unity, Far Cry 4 and The Crew (Up to $59.99 Retail Value)
Item #: N82E16800995228
ItemPriceAdj:-$1.98
only cost newegg .99 cents per card
Heheh

Thank you Nvidia

I think they're willing to do this because it didn't really cost them much. If it's anything like some other video card promotions, they have more of those codes than they do cards by a long shot.
Plus, it's not like the people calling in didn't already drop at least $300 in their coffers.

Damn! I bought two a week ago from MC. Hopefully they are as good as Newegg at honoring the codes.

Anybody have any luck for a launch day purchase from Newegg Business?

Ordered mine on the 9/24, shipped on 9/25. Hopefully NewEgg will be cool. I wouldn't spend any money on these games, but like Watch_Dogs I'll take 'em for free :cool:.

It worked for me with newegg business order a month ago. I think it has to do with how long you have been a newegg customer and how much you have spent there. I've been purchasing from them for a long time. They told me they only do this for "valued" customers.

No issues for me. I went through newegg chat. They setup an order, and I got the confirmation email, just waiting on the code now. It was really cool of them considering I ordered on release day 9/19 :). But then again I am one of their favorite kind of customers, I don't think I have had to return anything to them in over 10 years (now my go to place for video cards ;)).

When it comes to stuff like this they suck compared to newegg. Every time I have ever had to speak with anyone at Amazon its a nightmare. No one there ever has a clue about anything and can turn a simple request into a 30-45 minute Abbot and Costello routine. Other than a dinky 10 dollar promo credit or free shipping they rarely do crap. They dont price match at all after you order and they certainly dont let you be eligible for a promo outside of the official specific date. I did bitch enough last month that they give me free Prime for year since they would not price match my 980. Prime is almost useless to me though but better than nothing I guess.

No issues for me through Newegg chat. Card purchased on 10/15, order confirmation went to my email in seconds. My order is "Packaging" so I am not sure if they are mailing cards or sending them digitally.

got one too, at first he said he cant do anything because it was before the promotion date, then I asked what about everyone on Twitter and HardForum that are getting them, he said please hold, he comes back 5 min later and tells me good news from a supervisor, you will be getting one.

this is from newegg.

if I were the supervisor I wouldn't give the gaming bundle to anyone who purchased a card before Nov 3rd :D ...if they threaten to return the card I'd say 'go ahead...good luck' and call their bluff :D :D

It'd digitally delivered. I just got my product key :)

Woot just got my key as well

got one too, at first he said he cant do anything because it was before the promotion date, then I asked what about everyone on Twitter and HardForum that are getting them, he said please hold, he comes back 5 min later and tells me good news from a supervisor, you will be getting one.

this is from newegg.

if I were the supervisor I wouldn't give the gaming bundle to anyone who purchased a card before Nov 3rd :D ...if they threaten to return the card I'd say 'go ahead...good luck' and call their bluff :D :D

just got both of mine delivered :D via email

Woohoo - mine came over, too.
Makes that launch day 980 seem like a better purchase than I initially assumed.
Went with AC: Unity as it's due first. The others will be hitting when Dragon Age and Smash are, so I figure I can wait on them.

Massive thanks to the OP for this!

I just had success getting the code for my order placed on 9/20/14 through Newegg business. They had to send the code to my normal account, and did it as a courtesy for being a valued customer.

Contacted Newegg online chat and they honored the Promo from my purchase on Oct 2. It was cool of them and I didn't push for it at all. Simply asked if I was eligible and they said sure.

Good Guy newegg!

via Imgflip Meme Maker

Just curious i have my codes today and was wondering if the games are tied to Steam or Ubisoft ?

I want to pickup The Crew "own a fanatec steering wheel" and Far Cry 4. I am assuming they are tied to stupid Ubisoft

I called CS and after some back and forth newegg gave me a free code. Yay!

Amazon wouldn't give out any codes since my purchase wasn't made during the promotion. I pointed out that both Newegg and NCIX were giving them out to early adopters that were still within their return period, but I was told they have strict guidelines for situations like this.

Oh well. I wasn't expecting anything, but I figured I'd ask since other companies were doing it. I was actually surprised since Amazon has always gone out of its way for me in the past.

Can't decide on Far Cry 4 or AC: Unity. I am thinking Far Cray 4 may be better with a standard mouse and keyboard while Unity would be better with a controller on my PS4.

Methinks the jig is up. I'm a Premier member, and I just got off the phone with them. She said she would contact their support department but she wasn't sure she could apply it to past orders that were placed before the promotion started. I waited on hold for ~5 minutes but finally told her when she checked back with me to go ahead and follow-up via email. I'm not expecting a positive answer, but we'll see!

Well, I take it back. A few minutes after I wrote this, I received email and then codes for two games. I purchased my 970s on Oct. 19th.

THANKS NEWEGG!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up OP, just got a code in the mail. Purchased from Newegg on 9-26 :D

Purchased my MSI 970 from Tiger Direct on 10/30 and they denied me. So I may send it back.

I was just thinking this. Thanks UnrealCpu!

No problem Dayaks

I just a heads up for everyone. I received two codes to redeem two games on Uplay this evening from newegg. I just went through the redeeming process and one code seems to already be redeemed , the other code the order went through but for some reason my Uplay account is not reflecting the order. I also have no games redeemed or on my games list and both codes are used up.

Why cant Nvidia just learn to stay away from Uplay :( Now i have to go through customer support once again probably through Uplay or Nvidia idk. If i were you id try to go through the process and redeem right away. I just wish Nvidia would just use Steam or even Origin to redeem games. The uplay interface sucks.
The Crew game is on Steam so i dont see why they just didnt use them. oh well.

I got my 2 codes and congrats to everyone else that did too.

But to go a little further, I'm running into a problem and was curious if anyone else was too. I was able to complete a full claim for the first game Assassins Creed Unity, When I went to claim my second game I get all the way to the final page when I choose the game and say continue and then I get a message saying that I have already claimed this promotion.

Naturally I thought maybe I copied the wrong code. So I purposely tried the code I entered before and don't even get by the first page. It immediately says code already used. Try the other code again and get to the very end again and get the same first error.

Is anyone having a problem requesting Far Cry 4? I don't want to test the 2nd code on another game in fear that it will work and I'll be out of luck for the one game in the promo I want the most.

But to go a little further, I'm running into a problem and was curious if anyone else was too. I was able to complete a full claim for the first game Assassins Creed Unity, When I went to claim my second game I get all the way to the final page when I choose the game and say continue and then I get a message saying that I have already claimed this promotion.

Naturally I thought maybe I copied the wrong code. So I purposely tried the code I entered before and don't even get by the first page. It immediately says code already used. Try the other code again and get to the very end again and get the same first error.

Is anyone having a problem requesting Far Cry 4? I don't want to test the 2nd code on another game in fear that it will work and I'll be out of luck for the one game in the promo I want the most.

Read my post above this one. I have the problem with FC4 and The Crew
nothing is on my games list but all my codes were used.

I claimed Far Cry 4 with my first code, having the same problem you are with the second code. I tried a different email too.

Back