If you own a gaming pc and a ps4 is there any point in owning a xbox one?

Who cares if they have better early on exclusives? I would rather the developer spend time to make the game its best. PS+ wasnt needed because Playstation users werent forced into paying money just to play online, unlike Xboxlive. It had a few advantages but it was not required.

It was definitely not required. And look at it now, it is STILL amazing. Metro last light was free. What did I see when I logged on my xbox 360? "Today Only: Metro Last light 50% off". LOL. XBL is a joke. PS+ is miles ahead.

It was definitely not required. And look at it now, it is STILL amazing. Metro last light was free. What did I see when I logged on my xbox 360? "Today Only: Metro Last light 50% off". LOL. XBL is a joke. PS+ is miles ahead.
Indeed, getting up to 36 free games a year for $50 is a steal. Making it better, a lot of these games are often recent releases. What did Games for Gold on Xbox get you? Halo 3, Assassin's Creed 2, Fallout 3, Crackdown, Fable 2, others I can't remember... Mostly games that were released 4+ years ago. In just the past couple of months I've grabbed Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light, Outlast, and more with PS+.

Indeed, getting up to 36 free games a year for $50 is a steal. Making it better, a lot of these games are often recent releases. What did Games for Gold on Xbox get you? Halo 3, Assassin's Creed 2, Fallout 3, Crackdown, Fable 2, others I can't remember... Mostly games that were released 4+ years ago. In just the past couple of months I've grabbed Borderlands 2, Metro: Last Light, Outlast, and more with PS+.

That is cool that it is available to you. :D Of course, if this where Microsoft doing this, you can be sure that the near first comment would be Micro$oft is becoming desperate, desperate, I tell you. :D

I hope Sony continues on for decades to come, competition is a good thing. Of course, all those "free" games are free to us, probably not Sony.

Who cares if they have better early on exclusives? I would rather the developer spend time to make the game its best. PS+ wasnt needed because Playstation users werent forced into paying money just to play online, unlike Xboxlive. It had a few advantages but it was not required.

I do not understand the point of your post, and question if you understand the point of mine. You are right no one cares who has better exclusives early on, well except people who buy the console early on. The point is who has better exclusives has much to do with what your market position is and how much you are willing to give to change it. Bases on early sales numbers it will be MS not Sony that is more motivated to obtain more and better exclusives.

That is cool that it is available to you. :D Of course, if this where Microsoft doing this, you can be sure that the near first comment would be Micro$oft is becoming desperate, desperate, I tell you. :D

I hope Sony continues on for decades to come, competition is a good thing. Of course, all those "free" games are free to us, probably not Sony.

Actually, I would commend Microsoft for giving recent released AAA titles. That means I win on both sides :)

The point is who has better exclusives has much to do with what your market position is and how much you are willing to give to change it. Bases on early sales numbers it will be MS not Sony that is more motivated to obtain more and better exclusives.

Based on early sales numbers isnt the Sony in the lead? MS really doesnt have "better" exclusives to me, its been the same crap over and over. Sony at least has brought on amazing singleplayer exclusives to the table, most of MS exclusives are concentrated on MP which gets old.

I think what both of you are saying relates to three things: Sony World Wide Studios, No Exclusive Titles worth mentioning these last few years for 360, and Microsoft's method of obtaining exclusive titles. When I look at this it basically comes down to past history and it has held true since the Xbox was released. Sony has a huge amount of first party developers under the WWS umbrella, and those developers helped form the ICE team (A team that helps third parties not related to Sony).

Microsoft has historically bought their exclusives (Halo, Gears, Titanfall, etc.). Some of those purchases only lead to a significant delay or a single title in the franchise (Mass Effect, and currently Titanfall but that will likely change) only being released for Xbox with their sequels coming out for the PS3. The difference here is obvious, if you look at the past decade or longer even you'll notice Microsoft purchases certain types of title. Sony on the other hand releases a vast assortment of titles that succeed or ultimately fail to garner attention (Puppeteer for instance). There is a reason why Dudebro came around or FPS Box.

At the start of both the Xbox and Xbox 360 Microsoft had a pretty good variety other than JRPG (Sony didn't have much either), but it starts to taper off. I know I know I'm apparently a huge Sony fanboy and want to see Microsoft burned to the ground but this shouldn't have to be argued. The Xbox (original and 360) saw huge declines in the exclusive department the last couple years of their lives (life's). Sony's platforms continue to see original titles coming out; The Last of Us (plus DLC), GT6, The Puppeteer, Dragons Crown, etc.

Just take a look at the Official Xbox Magazine front covers for the last 36 months and compare it to the Official Playstation Magazine (iirc you have to use the UK version since the US version stopped being published) for the last 36 months.

It does not matter how either Microsoft or Sony obtains their exclusives, what matters is what each company typically provides gamers. By now you already know what each company will likely provide you, or at least you should.

Last edited:
Jin is right about Microsoft and buying exclusive. Kinda makes Xbox look like a cheap brand if you ask me.

Jin is right about Microsoft and buying exclusive. Kinda makes Xbox look like a cheap brand if you ask me.

I wouldn't say cheap, it's just a different experience. The PlayStation brand offers those unique titles and experiences that you'll probably only ever experience on PlayStation.

They have games for everyone, I mean Beyond Two Souls was garbage in my opinion and shouldn't even be classified as a game but some people enjoy that stuff.

Flower is another one or Journey, little big planet, etc.

Just a bunch of niche games that won't break sales records but fill a small gap. They probably don't even turn much of a profit but Sony gives them the opportunity which says something.

I wouldn't say cheap, it's just a different experience.
I meant to say it cheapens the experience. Examples that you give show passion for gaming. I don't get the feeling that developers are passionate about Xbox.

I own a gaming PC, PS4 and an Xbone, I say its worth it if and only if you want to play the exclusives on the Xbone.

Though I must say the multitasking on the Xbone TRUMPS the PS4 hands down.

Yes it does. In my case this is why I went to the xbone.

If you own a PC and XBox One the same exact question can be asked about the PS4. The fact is at the present time, the Xbox One has significantly better exclusives. I have all 3, and i havent even powered the PS4 on literally since the first week i bought it, the Xbox one has seen significantly more use from streaming ESPN to playing dead rising and forza

Yea I tend to agree with the above. Really most people will be happy with either system.

I'm honestly interested because I see people talk about this as a positive a lot, but with no detail. What does the XBONE add to the cable TV watching experience that adds value to your $500 video game console purchase? Is it the voice control? Just putting it out there, but I would feel like an idiot saying "Xbox <command>" all the time...

I think a lot of it is what the future can bring with it. I'll be honest in saying I haven't used the guide much as I wanted a real remote. Since it came in today I'll be using it more. The guide is a lot cleaner than my cable box and its app channel listings are nice. Lets me see what is on tv, amazon, etc all in the same place. Being able to customize it is nice and it not showing the non-hd versions of tv when you have the hd is good.

It has also changed the way I game. In the past I'd need to check on my laptop to see if friends are online or switch back and forth. With the xbox one you can go quickly between things. I can be watching tv a pop up will come up to play cod or titan fall as some friends have gotten online. It is much more fluid than it use to be. I gotta say I really like it more than going back and forth or checking randomly with a phone/laptop if friends are online in case I want to game with them.

The answer comes down to this. Do you have friends? If so, what do they all play on. My group of friends and I all got the XB1,so that's how my choice was made. I love gaming, but I'm no longer hardcore into playing and beating every single player game that comes out. It's more of a social activity for me. Meet up with the fellas, and hang out online. Whether it's on pc or console.

I bought my Xbox One because I wanted to play titanfall and because friends started buying it and I want to play with them. None own the other platforms. Incidentally, the voice chat quality is amazing compared to the PS4 it seems which is a huge plus.

I was the first to buy a next gen console and chose the PS4. Ive enjoyed it but was out of games I wanted to play on it. Its cool that I got a few new games to play via PlayStation plus. I'm pretty much interested in exclusives here since not a single one of my friends bought a PS4.

I still have a gaming PC that will run anything out there too and I have a gang I like to play some games like ARMA 3 and BF4 with.

In conclusion, I like them all for different reasons but honestly Having friends to hang out with means a lot to me.

This is a serious question. I am not trolling. I own a ps4, a xbox one, and a pc.
Are there any exclusives coming out that make keeping a PS4 worth it?

This is a serious question. I am not trolling. I own a ps4, a xbox one, and a pc.

Infamous: second son, The order 1886, Uncharted 4

Just keep the damn thing, its not worth selling it. Do people expect 100s of games so soon?

Wait for E3 because we really have no idea what is coming this Fall/Winter yet. Other than another CoD that is.

Unless you can make some insane profit, I would just go ahead and keep the PS4. I have a Xbox one, Xbox original and gaming PC so I am more or less content with that. (Would like a 360 cheap but so far, no luck.)

I mean if you can afford it ... why not? Only you know your finances well enough to judge that. If you have the money, I would say Xbone is worth it just to play their exclusives.

Back