If you love BF2 will you like BFBC2?

zod96

Suspected BAD TRADER
I play BF2 alot and love it. I have nt tried the BFBC2 demo. But the game is out today and I was wondering if it would be a worthy game to get to replace the aging BF2. I don't like run and gun type games. I like large maps where you actually have to think. Is this game like that? I hated the first BFBC game.....

I loved BF2 and after the beta, I pretty much love BFBC2 too. Can't wait to try all the other maps.

The only complaint I have personally is I wish there were still 64 player matches. :( Though I'm sure whenever BF3 finally comes around it'll fix that.

BC2 reminds me a LOT of BF2. Same huge maps and tactics with many welcome additions.

single player sucked on BF2 so this should have a better single player experience. ;)

Of course you will like it. They still have rockets, grenade launchers, and vehicles so all the scrubs can get kills too!

Cool, you don't need the disc in the drive if you have internet, you can choose Disc Verification or Online Verification during the install (can't change your option unless you reinstall).

BC2 is a good game, but IMO it's not as good as BF2 was. The maps are more closterphobic and there are also far fewer vehicles. It focuses a larger focus on infantry whereas BF2 was all about the vehicles.

That said, BC2 is a sequel to BC1, not BF2. BF3 on the other hand, should be more like BF2 in it's approach.

Still wroth a buy IMO.

The jets in BF2 were powerful, but once they fixed the SAM's so they can lock on for longer than 2 seconds, it wasn't THAT bad. Plus, all it takes is one or two good pilots to keep the bombers in a dog fight instead of being able to bomb. That's assuming some douche that can't doesnt' know how to fly keeps jacking the jets. Another thing they can do is require the bombers to actually land to rearm instead of merely flying over the runway. Lots of ways to balance the jets without getting rid of them

Just a reminder of how truely epic of a game BF2 was...

BF22007-07-1212-10-19-37.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-10-36-37.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-10-37-39.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-19-20-30.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-21-35-81.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-22-07-81.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-22-18-78.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-22-19-79.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-23-58-81.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-25-34-24.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-25-35-22.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-25-36-24.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-25-38-22.jpg

BF22007-07-1212-22-39-79.jpg

Not bringing jets back in BF3 would be a real shame!

Hallelujah!
A jet with a flight stick was too powerful in BF2!

Try fighting a person in Desert Combat flying with a mouse and keyboard...you usually lost... badly...
A chopper with a mouse and keyboard... even jets had a problem with...lol

I never could get it down myself... to used to using a joystick... but i just gave up on BF2 as a whole.... The whole game was so dumbed down, even being clever with C4 you stuck on the ceiling, they took out... they killed the franchise with BF2 IMO... but honestly... MW2 sucks, and there isnt really anything else out there... so BC2, i plan on playing the shit out of...lol

I played BF2 religiously, but last year or so haven't touched it

I got this game and it really filled that void

I think BC2 should just be named BF3, that's how much it reminds me of BF2. Think its fair to say if you like #2 you'll like Bad Company.

I think BC2 should just be named BF3, that's how much it reminds me of BF2.
I disagree. BC2 is definitely worthy of the battlefield franchise. However, it stands on its own since it is one of the few with a SP storyline, and is a sequel to another awesome (albeit console only) battlefield game. The multiplayer on BC2 is in many respects better than BF2, but lacking in some very minor but non-dealbreaking aspects. The destructible environments really change everything. By the end of the round, there is rarely any cover left.

If you bring back the jets, the 64+ player servers, huge maps and tack on the destructable environments and other awesomeness from BC2, BF3 will be one of the most epic multiplayer games ever created.

Think its fair to say if you like #2 you'll like Bad Company.
However, I 100% agree with this.

Played every Battlefield game and enjoyed them all, loved BF2 and love BC2. They're different games and the changes take getting used to; vehicles are not super-powered mobile warships from the get-go, the melee mechanism has gone down the shit CoD4 route instead of requiring coordination and so on, but it's still great fun as its own game. Just remember it's not supposed to be BF3 and you'll have a great time.

I think BC2 should just be named BF3, that's how much it reminds me of BF2. Think its fair to say if you like #2 you'll like Bad Company.

Nah, I'm looking forward to BF3 even more now I've played BC2. From what I know BC2 is the console-accessible Battlefield franchise which PC gamers can play too, whereas BF3 is - supposedly - going to b e PC-oriented with all the benefits that brings.

Just remember it's not supposed to be BF3 and you'll have a great time.

This was one of the key things for me. If BC2 keeps getting compared to BF2 and prior PC BF games then it for the most part always come up short of expectations for a lot of people. As a BF game on its own it is great and I am actually finding I enjoy the Rush mode over classic Conquest.

So what i'm reading is that the maps are not really all that big in BC2... Is this true compared to BF2?

The maps are fairly large, but not quite as big. The main thing is in BF2 you had a pretty wide open terrain and can get to your objective from so man different angles, versus BC2 where those routes are much more limited by walls and debris you can't pass.

Like was mentioned a few times already, BC2 isn't the next BF2 so I'm not dissappointed. If BF3 doesn't end up being more like BF2, then I'll be dissappointed.

How big are the maps? Are they about the same size as BF2? I really hate small maps that pack alot of players into it like the call of duty series....

Far bigger than COD, a bit smaller than BF2, but with a lot more objects in your way.

I hated jets in BF2 because of the people that played just for the damn jets.

No jets in BC2 = win if you ask me. Jets where a good idea but the perma camping jet nerds made them unfun.

The maps are big but not big enough to you walk too far to see action. To be honest one of the things I hated about BF2 was some of the maps were TOO big for 64 players. It's like they were big just for the sake of being big. They hit map size perfectly in BC2.

The maps are big but not big enough to you walk too far to see action. To be honest one of the things I hated about BF2 was some of the maps were TOO big for 64 players. It's like they were big just for the sake of being big. They hit map size perfectly in BC2.

I liked that the maps were big and that there were "quiet" areas where you can regroup with your squadmates and coordinate your next attack. Also gotta remember that jets flying at several hundred mph need adequate enough space.

BC2 reminds me more of BF2 as well with a little BF1942 thrown in to boot. I was never a big fan of the infantry combat in BF2 but loved it in '42 which I played religiously until BF2 completely killled the 1942 community. Never was a huge BF2 fan because (like others have said) it felt dumbed down in that there was no bullet drop for tanks and other stuff.....BC2 has brought all that back and added some cool stuff like bullet drop on small arms weapons which is awesome....I've never liked sniping in any other game but I thoroughly enjoy it in BC2 because it brings back the need for some skill rather than put your x-hair on a person and they're dead. If you can't compensate for distance you're screwed in this game.

All said, I'm really enjoying the game. It's not BF2, it's not BF1942, and it's damn sure not MW/MW2. It's a BF game with a few new wrinkles thrown in. And might I add the sound for me is what makes this game..

The reason BC2 is not like BF2 is the intro music. BC2 does not have that same music intro common to the BF series. There's something about the BF intro that gives me chills.

I still haven't decided to get the game or not. I'm totally on the fence about it...

The reason BC2 is not like BF2 is the intro music. BC2 does not have that same music intro common to the BF series. There's something about the BF intro that gives me chills.

BUM
BUM
BA-DUM BUM

TOODLE-DOO, DE-TOODLE-DOO, DOODLE-DOO DOODLE-DOO-DOO-DOO-DOOOO

Best game music ever.

I remember one time in BF2 i was in a tank and just lobbing cannon shells as fast as the slow cannon could. And then suddenly a huge explosion appeared in front of me.

A jet had flown right in front of me and i had accidently sniped it down. So awesome!

Back